Citizen Action of New York is a statewide grassroots membership organization that fights for social, racial, economic, and environmental justice. We organize in local communities to build power. We collaborate with organizations and coalitions in communities across New York to win on key issues and elect progressive candidates at the local, state and federal levels. Our member-driven organizing campaigns focus on issues at the state, local, and federal level, including ending mass incarceration, public education funding, housing, health care, money in politics and taxing the rich.
Citizen Action is seeking a Digital Associate to assist with successful digital engagement and awareness of campaigns across platforms (social media, email, digital ads, video, websites and more) that are grounded in digital best practices and effectively communicate Citizen Action and PPEF visions and theories of change.
- At least one year of experience creating social media, email, website, graphic, and other communications content that resonates with and engages a large audience in a relatable and impactful way;
- Demonstrated experience managing social media for a nonprofit, business, political candidate, or similar;
- Experience with Facebook Page Manager, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Business Manager, TikTok, Snapchat, and other social media tools, as well as social media and web analytics;
- Understanding of CRM tools such as Action Network and experience crafting and sending large-scale email, petition, and letter writing campaigns;
- Familiarity with digital campaigns tools and website management
- Familiarity with tools including Phone2Action, Soapboxx, WordPress, Divi, strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Zoom and other virtual event platforms;
- An eye for graphic design and experience creating impactful graphics and print materials;
- Familiarity with graphic design tools including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or Canva strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to fully adopt use of Google Drive, EveryAction, Asana, VAN, Slack, Action Network, ThruTalk, Spoke/Relay, and any other tools used by the organizations.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus.
Values & Characteristics
- Commitment to Citizen Action’s mission and vision and passionate about issues of social, racial, economic and environmental justice;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to solve problems;
- A high degree of professionalism and professional maturity;
- Collaborative work style and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of different racial, ethnic, socio-economic, educational, religious, gender and generational backgrounds.
- Create consistent, fresh and timely social media, email, website and video content that makes an impact, builds meaningful connections across our issues and campaigns, encourages engagement, and advances our organizational priorities;
- Work with Regional Communications Coordinator, Worldview team, and Digital Campaigns Coordinator to implement a cohesive and effective social media presence across all platforms;
- Work with Operations Department to provide technical support to virtual events;
- Help monitor and track social analytics and other metrics to measure the effectiveness of Citizen Action’s digital program, and draft reports on findings;
- Monitor developments in digital tools and technology to drive innovations that improve our work and help the organization achieve big things;
- Explore tools to more effectively handle incoming communications through all avenues, for example inquiries through Facebook Messenger or other social media accounts;
- Create print and digital materials, including graphics, flyers, signs, and brochures;
- Support the digital communications for the organization and, when appropriate, coalition partners. This includes but is not limited to: setting up statewide emails, petitions, letter campaigns, etc.; providing support for rapid response digital actions.
This position may be based in one of our select regional offices around the state (Albany, Utica, Rochester, Buffalo, Binghamton, Kingston) and reports to the Digital Communications Coordinator.
Salary and benefits: The salary range for this position is $48,750-52,500 depending on experience. Competitive benefits package including a quality family health plan, 401k, paid holidays and paid time off and more.
Citizen Action of New York is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.