19 Clarendon Street
As an integral part of the Boston Ballet School team, the Student Services Administrator supports all aspects of customer service, recruiting, registration, and billing across three School locations. Student Services assists 5,000+ students in the Children’s, Classical Ballet, Adult Dance, Adaptive Dance and Pre-Professional Programs to register each year. The Student Services Administrator, an integral part of the three-person Student Services team, must be highly organized, coordinate a high volume of registration applications and other communications and foster positive relations with BBS parents and students by providing exceptional customer service. This position works closely with the BBS Operations, Marketing and Education & Community Initiatives teams.
Registration and Enrollment
- Assists with the creation, deployment, and processing of all student registration materials for all classes
- Maintains student accounts and updates student records in the Tessitura and MindBody databases
- Creates and updates student attendance documents; reports monthly on attendance trends and issues
- Works closely with Student Services Assistant Manager on accounts receivable, including but not limited to preparing invoices, processing payment, issuing receipts, and billing correspondence
- Supports weekly enrollment and financial reporting
Communications and Customer Service
- Assists with education related customer communications across a variety of platforms including in-person, and by phone and email for a wide audience range in conjunction with Marketing team
- Fosters positive relationships with existing and prospective families across all programs
- Must maintain sensitivity when dealing with the financial issues of customers and tailor solutions that help to ensure long-term engagement in our School programs.
- Supports in the preparation and mailing of yearly student evaluations
- Works at the front desk as needed to support daily studio administration functions
- Supports other programs, events, and activities as requested on occasional nights and weekends, including Open Houses, Spring Showcase and Next Generation
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and possess strong customer service skills. He/she must be able to manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a positive, caring attitude and professional demeanor and must enjoy working with students and parents in an educational environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management, education or related field, plus two years of professional work experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Familiarity with communicating and interacting with people with disabilities
- Basic accounting and finance skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Practiced in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel. Experience in Tessitura and/or MindBody a plus.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic
- Enthusiastic about arts/dance education and sensitivity and caring attitude toward children
- Ability to travel to other studio locations as needed
Boston Ballet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
FT Benefits for Posting
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Choice Benefit Plan
- Paid Time Off – Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days, and Sick Days
- Free adult dance classes
Complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet performances
Minimum Education Required