Director, Digital Marketing
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For more than 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position
JFF is rapidly expanding its Marketing and Communications team and building an engine that works closely as a strategic partner across the organization’s key functions, understanding their needs and working together to craft a marketing strategy that will drive toward optimal outcomes.
The Director, Digital Marketing position is a newly created role that will support and enable the growth, development, and impact of our rapidly-expanding Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications this person will oversee all aspects of JFF's digital marketing strategy and implementation, including website development, email marketing, and marketing automation, social media outreach, reporting and analytics, and content production.
A successful candidate has a demonstrated track record of success in creating and managing multi-channel digital marketing campaigns by applying both technical expertise and digital marketing best practices to create compelling and engaging online content experiences.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is looking to build out a team, define best practice for their function, and contribute to advancing the mission of JFF. This position is remote, though proximity to Boston or DC strongly preferred.
Website strategy and development
- Oversee the maintenance and feature development of JFF web presence, including working with internal program stakeholders to assess requirements and develop a road map to improve user experience and increase conversions.
- Create dynamic, engaging web experiences - including individual landing pages and microsites - that enhance our storytelling and engagement with JFF's thought leadership content.
- Conduct user research to identify opportunities to improve audience segmentation and site navigation.
- Coordinate with marketing and communications team and external vendors to deliver additional web services in support of organizational initiatives.
- Improve SEO/SEM performance.
Email marketing and marketing automation
- Lead strategy for developing high-performing email marketing and marketing automation capabilities, including subscription management, inquiry management, lead capture and nurture, A/B testing, and personalization.
- Improve overall email performance metrics by ensuring compliance with email marketing best practices.
- Create and develop responsive email designs and templates in collaboration with our graphic design team to improve user experience and engagement with email communications.
Social media amplification and outreach
- Increase followers and engagement across core social media channels.
- Lead the development of social media campaigns to drive awareness of key initiatives and programs.
- Engage influencer organizations and partners with social media toolkits.
- Track and measure the impact of social media outreach on overall campaign performance.
Reporting and analytics
- Analyze campaign performance using web analytics, email campaign performance, and social media statistics.
- Provide recommendations to management and program teams on how to adapt campaigns to improve performance.
- Lead production for online video, webinar, and podcast series.
- Manage online content and blog in coordination with the editorial team and program leads.
- Develop an editorial calendar for social media posts and blogs to ensure timely and relevant dissemination of content.
- You have 7-10 years of experience in progressive leadership roles within Digital Marketing, particularly for a niche brand.
- You have knowledge and certification on major email service or marketing automation platform (e.g. Hubspot or Marketo); knowledge of major CMS and CRM systems a plus (e.g. Salesforce).
- You possess experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- You possess experience utilizing social media monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated passion for JFF’s mission and have the ability to articulate the organization’s impact areas to a range of audiences, while applying JFF’s core values to all areas of your work.
- You steward an organizational culture that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a desire to continuously improve in your work and talent acquisition practice.
- You are entrepreneurial and have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth environment with flexibility and comfort with varying degrees of ambiguity.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Dan Obregon, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.