ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.liftcommunities.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to LIFT's mission and values.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented multitasker to contribute to the seamless functioning of the LIFT-Los Angeles office. The Operations Associate is a critical member of the LIFT-Los Angeles team, providing the office with the high quality administrative and operational support it needs to ensure that the team has what it needs to deliver on high-quality work across all departments. This person should not only seamlessly manage existing operational systems, but also problem solve and improve upon the status quo. The Operations Associate will build a new standard of excellence for internal and external customer service.
AS AN OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE YOU WILL:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, which includes scheduling and preparing the Executive Director for critical internal and external meetings
- Provide operational support to the LIFT-Los Angeles team and partner with the National Office as needed to improve upon systems, tools, and resources
- Own overall office management, including ordering supplies and serving as a touchpoint for technology support
- Support planning and logistics for development-related events including board meetings, funder site visits, and fundraising events
- Provide support as needed in LIFT-Los Angeles’ Member Service Office, periodically serving as the first point of contact for parents and welcoming them to our space
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years administrative experience preferred; experience working or volunteering with low-income communities is a plus.
- You are highly organized and possess excellent time management skills; you are able to meet deadlines in spite of frequent interruptions.
- You take initiative and have a knack for devising creative solutions to any problem in your path.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy juggling several tasks at once.
- You are customer-oriented and approach every situation with a spirit of generosity.
- You demonstrate good judgement and discretion.
- You are an experienced user of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically); other systems a plus.
- Spanish proficiency is required.
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and position title in the subject line of your e-mail.