Program Associate (English/Spanish bilingual)
Details: $50,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA, www.domesticworkers.org) is the nation’s leading voice for respect, recognition and labor standards for domestic workers. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents over 60 affiliates and chapters in more than 30 cities.
The Program Associate will play a key role in expanding NDWA’s Workforce Development and Training programs, working closely with teams throughout the organization, Affiliate organizations, and worker members.
The preferred location for the position is New York City. Working remotely may be possible.
- Manage classroom and participant logistics to ensure our online, social media based and in-person training courses and experiments run smoothly from recruitment through graduate follow-up
- Enter and track program data, help analyze data and prepare reports and presentations
- Assist in creating content for training programs and experiments, including preparing videos and graphics and coordinating live-streams
- Communicate with workers to help create an effective and inspiring learning experience and to gather the data and feedback we need to improve our training interventions
- Collect and help analyze reports submitted by Affiliate organization grantees
- Assist in preparing funder reports
- Help coordinate collaboration with other NDWA teams and external partners
- Special projects and general assistance to the Workforce Development and Training team
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, creative and friendly professional with at least 1-3 years of experience in an organizational environment. This is a good position for someone who knows how to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders and is well prepared to listen to and partner with people working as nannies, cleaners and homecare workers. In addition you should be:
- Comfortable working with online, texting and social media platforms. The majority of our training experiences happen online, and often on platforms well-known to our members, so we are looking for someone able to communicate in a clear, engaging and professional way on social media and SMS.
- A native or fluent Spanish speaker who can write in both languages as well as translate text from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- Metrics-driven and numbers-oriented. We have ambitious goals around the numbers of domestic workers we’re looking to serve and for raising standards for the individuals we train and in the sector overall. Please be comfortable with Google Sheets and Excel, and enthusiastic to learn new programs; experience with social media analytics and data analysis is a plus.
- Skilled at work-planning, time management and communicating with teams
- Excited to contribute to and grow alongside an innovative social justice organization
- Visual design and video editing skills and/or training/teaching experience are a plus
We’re open to a range of different backgrounds, so let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position and what you would bring to it!
Position: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Workforce Development Training Manager
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: New York City or Remote
Generous Benefits, including 100% coverage of health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families; 5+ weeks of paid time off annually (prorated to the start date, including 3 weeks of office closure, most federal holidays, 12 days of vacation, and 12 sick days); 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English/Spanish bilingual - candidate must be a native or fluent Spanish speaker who can write in both languages as well as translate text from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted here. Submit a cover letter about your background, why you’re interested in the position, and why you believe you’re the right fit for the job. Attach a resume (with a phone number where we can contact you) and a sample of your writing in English and Spanish. Because this platform doesn't allow writing sample uploads, please attach your writing sample to your resume or cover letter.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. This position will remain open until filled.