347 5th Avenue
This position will be responsible for developing relationships and managing (4) special event galas in multiple markets. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following; creating campaign plans, budgeting, managing mailing lists and mailings, vendor selection, database management, social media, communications and contract negotiations, volunteer and staff management and administrative tasks as necessary. Duties also include event participant recruitment and donor cultivation.
Works closely with the Chief Development Officer to identify and cultivate donors for sustainable needs fundraising. Ensures goal achievement through effective leadership and collaboration with staff and volunteers.
The Coordinator will ensure the successful recruitment of participants and volunteers, cultivation of donors/key constituents, securing corporate sponsorships and individual donations, and work closely with Event Chairs and Host Committees to ensure successful event growth.
The successful candidate is results oriented, with experience in working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes. Must have experience working with people of diverse backgrounds. Sales experience, including cold calling and customer relationship building is a must. Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills are required. Must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings and manage volunteer participation to successful outcomes. Candidate must have track record of successful management and interaction with high-level decision makers and community leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fundraising and Special Event Management
- Working with the Chief Development Officer, plan and produce the NMF Champions of Health Awards by securing sponsorship, planning and coordinating all aspects of event logistics and details
- Research and implement new fundraising opportunities
- Manage solicitation lists, donor outreach and follow-up for each event
- Identify and cultivate new sponsorship opportunities
- Identify, cultivate and recruit Honorees includes developing solicitation letters and follow up
- Manage the volunteer Host Committee and Honorees
- Lead on-site management of event logistics
- Ability to respond creatively and diplomatically to conflicting priorities
- Ensuring all donor information is entered into donor management software, necessary thank you and acknowledgement letters are generated timely and accurate reports are being created and utilized
- Coordinate and manage event follow up and donor tracking efforts as well as outcome/results reports
- Manage production of event journals
Resource, Staff, and Budgets
- Excellent budget development and cost analysis skills
- Manage a balanced portfolio of alumni and/or leadership annual gifts prospects and leads the evaluation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these prospects and donors
- Monitor the activity of all new donors each year and identify, qualify, discovery, solicit, steward and cultivate those with leadership annual gift or major gift potential
- Establish and maintain relationships and ongoing positive communication with internal and external individuals and organizations.
Alumni Engagement and Target Market Development:
- Assist with receptions, dinners, community activities and small events to support stewardship and cultivation for major gift donors. Includes setting up event and invitee in RE, reviewing addresses, sending invitations, tracking and reporting on RSVP’s, event checklist, budgets, timeliness, vendor negotiations, volunteer management, preparing handouts/presentations, calling to confirm attendance at events and registration briefing administration and fundraising
- Identify appropriate potential donor, prospect event invitees
- Must be capable of managing relationships in multiple time zones and working virtually
- Manage and execute timelines effectively
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five years’ relevant experience in non-profit organization, or academic institution. Three to five years of experience implementing special events and developing new donor relationships.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills. Must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot, in addition to the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment.
Must have a passion for mission and ability to articulate to various stakeholders.
Must have the ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment, including a creative approach to problem-solving.
Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours.
Excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality is a must.
Experience making one-on-one solicitations in a professional or volunteer capacity.
Must possess the ability to prioritize projects with sensitivity to changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
Ability to work efficiently against deadlines, prioritize multiple tasks, and take initiative on emergent funding opportunities.
Strong computer skills required, with expertise in Raiser’s Edge.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
NMF offers a competitive compensation package that includes excellent benefits
National Medical Fellowships (NMF), founded in 1946, is the nation's premier organization providing scholarships for medical students and healthcare professionals from groups poorly represented in medicine: African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans and Asian Americans. NMF is driven by its mission: to ensure equal opportunities in medicine, and equal access to quality healthcare for all.
NMF has its headquarters in New York City with satellite offices in Chicago, Los Angeles and New Orleans. NMF has strategic relationships with major national health organizations.
Over the past 70 years, NMF has received funding support from leading healthcare foundations, corporate foundations, associations, and its 30,000 alumni. Foundation support has more than doubled over the past two years. Recent grants support programs to increase diversity in the healthcare workforce, and address the acute shortage of primary care physicians. NMF's 30,000 alumni base includes eminent physicians, researchers and policy leaders, and this affords a prime opportunity for annual giving, major and planned giving campaigns.
Minimum Education Required