Details: Depending on experience
2100 24th Avenue South
NWCF seeks a highly organized, flexible and energetic individual with excellent people skills to join our team. The Development & Operations Assistant provides primary office support for a dynamic organization with a small staff (currently 8) and a board of 25-35 members. This position is involved in most aspects of operations, including duties related to gift entry and database management, special events coordination and publications. NWCF relies on the individual in this position to serve as its primary receptionist and office manager. This is a full-time position, and supports other employees at NWCF. This position will handle details of a confidential nature.
1. Office Management and Administration:
- Serve as the receptionist for NWCF: field telephone calls (from grant-seeking agencies, donors, board members, general public, etc.) and greet guests.
- Produce Annual Fund solicitation letters and other documents and correspondence as needed.
- Maintain physical office space for maximum functionality and efficiency, and to present a professional and welcoming front to visitors and employees. Manage and replenish office supplies, maintain office equipment.
- Manage the file system, including updating forms, maintaining records (as per agency guidelines), and keeping files organized and accessible.
- Maintain organizational/staff calendar, and provide calendar support for board members – room scheduling, reminders and administrative management for meetings.
- Help to recruit, manage and cultivate event-prep and other volunteers in the NWCF office.
2. Gift Processing:
- Process incoming gifts on a prompt and ongoing basis.
- Provide bookkeeper with deposit reports and other appropriate support to ensure that donor gift records and NWCF books are accurate, complete and consistent.
3. Fundraising Events:
- Provide administrative support for NWCF’s annual Gala & Auction, Golf Classic and other events, including:
- Procuring auction items
- Entering auction item data into auction software on a prompt and ongoing basis during the Gala preparation season
- Participating in the preparation of event materials (e.g., auction catalog and display placards, etc.
- Processing RSVPs and event-related gifts, and managing onsite registration
- Other support as needed, including attending/staffing NWCF’s major events.
- Manage grants database, including receiving and recordings details of Letters of Inquiry and Grant Applications, entering necessary updates during the grants process, and preparing reports as needed.
- Send grant invitations and rejection letters.
- Support the Program Manager and Grants Committee, including serving as recorder at subgroup meetings, communicating with Board members as needed regarding scheduling, etc., and providing clerical support as needed.
5. Communications and Board Support:
- Provide NWCF Board with on-going support, including:
- Serving as an information source – maintaining Board calendar and otherwise providing phone and email responsiveness for questions.
- Preparing rooms and resources for board and committee meetings, attending Board meetings to provide administrative support.
- Work with the Communications Manager to maintain and update the online Board Knowledgebase and research social media content.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in database usage. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Word (mail merge), Excel (page layout, formulas and merges) and relational databases (building and pulling reports) is required. Experience in fundraising and/or auction software and WordPress is desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take initiative by handling quick turnarounds, deadlines and sudden changes in the work plan.
- Excellent verbal and written skills (especially on the telephone and in written business correspondence).
- Ability to pay attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
- Be a self-starter with an ability to multi-task and work with regular interruptions.
NW Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates of color and other underrepresented groups to apply. We believe that diversity of experience and identity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently build a stronger, more competent organization. We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that does not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical ability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits allowance equal to $6,600 and three weeks PTO per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed resume and cover Letter, addressing how your background qualifies you to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Three references (including name, phone/email, and how they know you).
Position is open until filled. No telephone inquiries please.