Details: • Non-exempt (hourly) position at $20 - $25 per hour for 20 hours per week
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. By participating in Jumpstart’s yearlong program, children develop the language, literacy, and social and emotional skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path for lifelong success. Since 1993, Jumpstart has trained 47,500 college students and community volunteers to transform the lives of over 110,000 preschool children nationwide. Jumpstart is also a proud member of the AmeriCorps service network. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Development Assistant is a member of the California development team and part of Jumpstart’s larger Development division. The individual in this role supports the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of individual and institutional donors to meet established goals. The Development Assistant also provides operational support to the San Francisco office. The position reports to the Director of Development and is part-time scheduled for 20 hours per week.
• Process donations in the Salesforce database, including updating records, managing check deposits, and sending acknowledgements
• In coordination with the Director of Development, support the planning and execution of the all key fundraising and campaigns events campaigns such as Read for the Record and Scribbles to Novels including but not limited to vendor management, outreach, donor follow ups etc.
• Conduct research and develop briefings on individual donors, corporations and foundations; compile and synthesize information serving as background for meetings, reports, proposals and solicitation
• Carry out administrative duties including Salesforce database maintenance, acknowledgements, special event organization, tracking donations, updating fundraising calendar, and donor follow up
• Responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office, including maintaining records for staff office space, office keys, computers and copy machine
• Maintain inventory of all office supplies and place replenishment orders as needed
• Previous relevant administrative experience
• Ability to write in a clear, compelling way
• Ability to represent Jumpstart to external stakeholders in a confident and enthusiastic way
• Solid listening skills
• Superior attention to detail and strong follow up skills
• Skill in project management and prioritization
• Extreme facility with relationship management
• Experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
Preferred or Ideal
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with Salesforce database
• 1-2 years of experience in fundraising and/or development
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Approximately 5% local travel
No benefits associated for the part-time position. However, Jumpstart offers a flexible, positive, and collegial work environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.