UCLA- Skoll Center SIE Program Manager
- Job posted by UCLA, The Skoll Center For Social Impact Entertainment
SIE Program Manager Job Description
The Mission of The Skoll Center for Social Impact Entertainment (SIE), along with their partner Participant Media, is to attract and develop the most innovative ideas and thought leadership to advance the power of entertainment and performing arts to inspire social change.
The Skoll Center SIE is the first center of it's kind dedicated solely to establishing, defining and fostering the new field of Social Impact Entertainment.
We are searching for a dynamic Program Manager that will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Director to fulfill this mission.
The Program Manager is a vital and integral contributor in our highly matrixed and dynamic environment encompassing local, national, and international levels. They will provided executive level administrative counsel and support, and are authorized to coordinate and act within established parameters on the Executive Director's behalf and in his absence. Utmost discretion, tact, and sound judgment are mandatory in this role.
The Program Manager will establish and maintain relationships with important external constituencies, high-level university administrators, faculty, donors, entertainment professionals, students, and staff. They are also responsible for arranging all domestic and international travel for the Executive Director. In addition, the Program Manager will compile briefing materials, proposals, and presentations.
The Program Manager will help further the mission regarding the three pillars of work on a global scale through research, curricular development and special initiatives, and public programming and exhibition. The Skoll Center SIE intends to engage the public in meaningful debate around our societies most pressing problems and the important role that entertainment and performing arts play in the equation.
Program Manager Requirements:
- Ability to work independently, creatively, with initiative and accuracy with minimal supervision and within specific deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in harmony with Executive Director, Dean, and all partners and stakeholders relevant and related to SIE.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Adept problem solving capabilities.
- Program Management experience.
- Able to adhere to the guidelines and measures within the university.
- Booking domestic and international travel for the Executive Director.
- Office Management.
- Extensive research capabilities.
- Create presentations, and proposals for the Executive Director.
- Critical Thinking.
- Developing and maintaining multi-layered relationships with university personnel, entertainment executives, and other creatives.
- A strong ethical ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Level of Language Proficiency
Able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Minimum Education Required