Position: Development Associate / Volunteer Coordinator (Full-Time, 40 hours)
Program: Development Department
Supervisor: Director Of Development
The Development Associate will support Mosaic’s overall fund development efforts by raising awareness of Mosaic through helping organize events, recruiting volunteers and building a strong, diversified base of foundation, corporate and individual donors. Position reports to Development Director.
- Oversee the Volunteer Program – including individual and group volunteers for all programs
- Run engaging and informative monthly new Volunteer Orientations
- Manage and coordinate foundation, corporate & other volunteers, including organizing engaging activities with the assistance of Shelter Director
- Provide tours to potential donors and volunteers, providing education on the history and mission of Mosaic Family Services
- Maintain relationship with group volunteer contacts and maintain long-term communication with foundation/corporations relationships
- Ability to lift 25 lbs or more
- Establish relationships with individuals within groups with goal of future engagements
- Support development team in creation and execution of annual end-of-year/holiday campaign
- Support creation and implementation of fund development and communication strategies to ensure long-term sustainability of Mosaic
- Assist with North Texas Giving Day and Giving Tuesday
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and current donors
- Support outside events including fundraisers, donor meetings, etc.
- Attend trainings, meetings, and conferences as needed for professional development.
- Represent organization on site tours, at donor meetings, and other events
- A strong ability to communicate including public presentation
- Assist & support Development Manager in maintaining processes for gift acceptance, donor acknowledgement, and donor tracking.
- Update & maintain accurate donor information in Raiser’s Edge, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Develop Annual Report under Development Director’s supervision
- Develop Newsletter & Calendar for donors, volunteers & board members
- Oversee United Way Employee Giving campaign
- Support Mosaic clients as needed:
- Christmas program including donor drives, events, etc.
- Organize & plan client baby showers
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters’ degree preferred
- Minimum of one year of professional fundraising experience or one year of volunteer coordinator experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to contact and interact with donors, must take initiative
- Flexibility in schedule, required to work on weekends and evenings as needed
- Must be organized, creative and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) required
- Experience using donor tracking software (s) preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Experience in supervising volunteers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment