District of Columbia
This is a special opportunity to provide services to raise funds in regional workplace giving campaigns.
You will be given the framework and tools to succeed. You will learn new fundraising techniques and how to more effectively manage relationships. In return, we need a highly motivated, experienced contractor to provide specified services. If you can meet tough objectives and tough challenges and are ready for the rewards, then you are our candidate.
We are looking for a contractor to work an estimated 15-30 hours per week from July through December, with potential to expand. This position works primarily from home in the Washington D.C. metro area with responsibility for Washington D.C. (primarily), Northern VA and Maryland (and other area as might be required). Majority of time will be spent traveling locally with scheduled weekly meetings and visits to our national office in Alexandria, VA.
For more information about our organization, please visit our web page at www.charity.org.
- Represent Global Impact in assigned workplace giving campaigns for the purpose of increasing campaign revenue.
- Serve as a liaison externally to assigned public and private sector employee giving accounts, funded charities and strategic alliances.
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned campaign managers, charity partners, federation colleagues and other parties.
- Become knowledgeable with the work of Global Impact member charities and make presentations to employee leaders and potential donors about their work.
- Facilitate volunteer involvement in campaign activities.
- Maintain communications between Global Impact and assigned campaign managers regarding campaign activities.
- Seek opportunities for involvement in campaign activities, such as trainings and employee meetings, in order to bring broader exposure of Global Impact member charities to potential donors.
- Complete reporting tasks, as required.
- Maintain regular communications with the Director of National Campaign Engagement and regional campaign leads.
- Other project related assignments to support campaign implementation.
- Ability to work independently; a self-starter and action oriented.
- A strong customer service orientation with the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external professionals.
- Experience in fundraising with administration and project management skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Ability to develop and manage processes.
- Evidence of analytical, interpersonal communication, and volunteer facilitation. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and through written word.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a focus on results.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Outcome focused.
- Agility and flexibility to meet organizational requirements.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Access to vehicle for travel and competent at traveling and navigating the region.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain access and entry to many federal office and work sites.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required