Special Events & Community Outreach Specialist - Child Welfare/Adoption
- Job posted by Adoptions Together
Do you love the excitement of planning and implementing special events? Are you passionate about adoption and child welfare? Do you enjoy sharing your passion with the community? If so, the Special Events & Community Outreach Specialist at Adoptions Together/Family Works Together may be the position for you! This is a full-time position based out of the Calverton office.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum 3 years of volunteer and/or paid experience with events and 1 year of administrative experience, including a proven track record in relationship building and public speaking. Bachelor's Degree required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- A personable, friendly, charismatic and outgoing personality.
- A true passion for event planning, fundraising, and outreach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to showcase the agency in a professional manner internally and externally in the office with staff and visitors, as well as at events and out of office meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain, and grow existing and develop new donors and investors.
- Ability to think and work independently, problem solve and prioritize.
- Superior proficiency in Office 365 including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneDrive, SharePoint and Adobe Creative Cloud including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Each employee is required to complete (and maintain as necessary) a physical exam to include a TB test, a criminal background check in identified jurisdictions, Child Protective Services Registries check in identified jurisdictions, and orientation training.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.