Details: Part-time, 10 hours/week, schedule flexible; $25 / hour. Some evening and weekend work required, dependent on scheduled PACT events.
901 Pelhamdale Avenue
Are you looking for a way to make an im-PACT in the lives of youth? The Pelham PACT Coalition (PACT) seeks a Communications Coordinator to implement PACT’s public-facing work and manage a multi-faceted communication plan. The part-time position involves working with PACT’s Executive Director, graphic designer and volunteers, to create content, schedule and regularly update print and digital media (website and social media), and promote all Coalition events. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and writing skills, a marketing background, and experience with social media and WordPress.
PACT is a youth-centered community coalition whose goals are to:
- Elevate and empower young people through skill-building and opportunities;
- Inform and educate parents through data and resources that target stressors for young people;
- Connect and strengthen the community by centralizing all youth-related information in Pelham
- Design, write, produce and distribute email newsletters, website content, event publicity and wrap-up, and Facebook and Twitter posts inclusive of current trends, national, regional, and Pelham-specific.
- Increase the awareness of PACT as a hub of youth-centered information and resources via all communication outlets—traditional marketing efforts such as local media and printed collateral, as well as interactive and social media channels.
- Serve as a liaison with Youth Advocate and Youth Leadership Council, community organizations, groups and committees to obtain up-to-date content, stories, videos and photos.
- Guide youth members in their marketing and publicity efforts for teen events and outreach.
- Analyze web and social media statistics, to recommend strategies for increasing the effectiveness of PACT’s messaging.
- Assist the Executive Director in other duties as necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Only applications sent by email will be considered. To apply please provide:
· Cover letter summarizing how your skills and background fit the position and how they would benefit PACT.
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pelham PACT is an EOE.