Details: The range for this position starts at $20.00 depending on experience.
2100 24th Avenue South
About Treehouse: Join a team that is passionately committed to helping every child in foster care succeed in school and in life! Treehouse staff and volunteers improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by providing direct service education support and access to essential needs that all kids equally deserve. We also work at the legislative level to help develop, lead, and pass landmark reforms to reduce the inequities in the system that limit our youth from achieving their full potential.
Treehouse is a well-loved, community-based agency uniquely committed to partnering with schools, government agencies, caregivers, social workers, and funders to change the trajectory of kids in foster care by helping them graduate high school at the same rate as their peers with a plan for the future.
Treehouse values diversity and it is expressed in all aspects of our work, from the individuals and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees. We value the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and perspectives are included in our work. We welcome alumni of care and encourage qualified individuals of every race, national origin, religion, age, disability or ability status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to apply.
Treehouse currently has an opening for a Human Resource/Payroll Coordinator on our Human Resource Team. This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position based in Seattle. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing general administrative support to the department and assists with all HR and Payroll related matters, as needed. A high degree of professionalism and strict confidentiality is required.
If you are a professional with a strong sense of discretion and a background in Human Resources and/or professional business administration, we want to hear from you.
· Perform administrative work assisting the HR and Accounting Departments in carrying out various programs and procedures for the company.
· Create and maintain files, spreadsheets, manuals, organization chart, and database records. Must have at least intermediate skills in MS Office programs.
· Responsible for all functions, processes, deductions and distributions associated with bi-weekly payroll process for 150 employees.
· Assist employees and managers with questions and training needs on time system, payroll processing and HR procedures.
· Assist employees and managers with questions regarding benefits, policies, resources and vendor access.
· Work closely with all departments to ensure accurate entry, processing and reporting of employee data in various databases including HRIS/Payroll (Paylocity), Performance Management (Reflektive) and Learning Management Systems (Docebo).
· Initiates, reviews and monitors employee paperwork to ensure thorough documentation and integrity of employee files. Responsible for complete and accurate maintenance of electronic employee files.
· Reconcile payroll deductions and benefit invoices for accurate payment and timely employee changes.
· Assists in recruiting process by placing hiring ads, performing reference checks and coordinating interviews for HR team, hiring managers and interview panels.
· Coordinate the hiring and onboarding process including hire paperwork, background checks and initial training schedule.
· Coordinate department scheduling and meeting arrangements. Maintain minutes and records as needed.
· Respond to complete external requests for information including employment verifications, wage surveys, unemployment claims, and injury reports.
· Assist in the preparation and maintenance of leave of absence paperwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Some schedule flexibility can be accommodated
· Minimum 4 years experience in a professional business environment or equivalent combination of experience and Human Resource education required
· Minimum 2 years human resource and/or payroll experience preferred
· Experience with budgeting, invoice reconciliation and accounting procedures helpful
· Strong data entry skills, including high speed and accuracy; 10 key by touch.
· Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and other technology for successful functioning in a business environment.
· Experience with HRIS or Accounting software, data management and internal management systems preferred
· Experience providing direct administrative support and reporting to multiple departments or staff helpful
· Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and professionally in English. Spanish helpful.
· Knowledge of HR and Payroll laws, regulations and practices preferred
· Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
· Detail-oriented and organized with follow through and sense of ownership
· Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with individuals of various ages, cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities.
· Must satisfy Washington State criminal background requirements for working with youth and vulnerable adults.
* See the full job description on our website listed below.
Salary and Benefits: The range for this position starts at $20.00 depending on experience. Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Applying for this position:
Submit cover letter and resume on our website at: http://www.treehouseforkids.org/about/careers/job-openings/. Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of a disability, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.