1000 West Fulton Market
World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. We envision a world where
distance is no longer a barrier to education, healthcare and economic opportunity. Our robust
Buffalo Bicycles are a cost-effective and reliable means of overcoming the challenges posed by
long distances in the developing world.
We are a global not-for-profit that manages a highly refined bicycle supply chain from design
through final distribution. We also work collaboratively with other non-profits—our field
partners—to design, implement, and test large-scale bicycle programs. Funding for these
activities comes from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
We have an innovative corporate structure with a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary that sells
our Buffalo Bicycles to individuals and other non-profits. This structure enables us to diversify
our funding and magnify the impact of donations; reduces unit costs through greater scale;
sharpens our focus on the end-users’ needs; and works in harmony rather than in conflict with
World Bicycle Relief is a registered NFP in the USA, Canada, UK, Germany and Australia. We
support programs in over 19 developing countries, and have assembly facilities in Kenya,
Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Why work for us?
You will have a direct hand in maximizing our impact, ensuring that children can get to school,
health care workers can visit more patients, and entrepreneurs earn their way up the economic
ladder. In addition, we care about our employees. We encourage team lunches, welcome new
innovations, and promote staff training and development through conferences, webinars, and
on the job learning.
About the Position
The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing the day to day accounting work flow, the
monthly general ledger close, and balance sheet and income statement presentation and
analysis for multiple global fundraising entities in their respective currencies.
• Perform daily cash entries and cash reconciliation
• Process wire, ACH, and check payments
• Prepare general ledger journal entries
• Perform the month-end close
• Maintain detailed and current balance sheet account reconciliations
• Prepare and file sales tax filings in various states
• Gather supporting documentation for the annual audit
• Update and uphold accounting processes and procedures
• Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
• 2+ years of accounting experience
• Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory
• Good knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to research new standards
• Strong analytical skills
• Auditing skills, with the ability to research and correct account discrepancies
• Microsoft Excel proficiency is a must
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Detail oriented mindset
• Ability to meet multiple, concurrent deadlines
• Willingness to learn and grow with the role
• Ability to maintain and harbor working relationships with our financial partners
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required