Manager of PR & Talent Relations
Reports to: CMO
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone to manage talent procurement and lead the communications strategy and execution for DoSomething.org.
You are confident, you know the influencer/creator landscape, you are incredible with people, and you can tell our story to press in an engaging, newsworthy manner. You get the job done.
What you’ll do here:
- General PR:
- For the Org: Manage DoSomething.org’s public image as an organization and develop our PR Strategy.
- For our Campaigns: Create and execute on the PR strategy for our sponsored and spotlight campaigns. Ensure we have big, remarkable launches and sustained support that highlight our great impact and help campaigns reach their goals.
- With our Corporate Partners: Collaborate with corporate partners to align on messaging for campaigns and create sponsor-facing deliverables.
- In a Pinch: Something comes up? Proactively think outside the box while planning a strategy, and implement a creative solution without breaking a sweat.
- Talent Relations & Procurement:
- Find the Perfect Influencers: Secure pro-bono influencers who are relevant to the DoSomething.org demo (13-25) AND who are evangelical and passionate about DoSomething.org and our campaigns.
- Match Talent to Sponsors: Develop and execute a talent/influencer plan for sponsored and spotlight campaigns from idea to execution.
- Lead all talent brokering on behalf of DoSomething.org with a calm, confident approach, and get the job done in a strategic and timely manner.
- Attend industry events such as VidCon, Playlist Live, Teen Choice Awards, HALO Awards, ComiCon, etc. as the face of DoSomething.org in the entertainment world and build strong relationships on behalf of DoSomething.
- Develop deep, meaningful, and long-lasting relationships with influential and relevant talent, their managers and their families (seriously).
- Be the face of DoSomething.org in the talent world:
What you already do:
- You’d rather get sh*t done than complain.
- You understand the importance of proposing solutions for any obstacle in your way.
- You live in our world (aka the 13-25 year old world):
- You know the names of everyone nominated for the Teen Choice Awards
- You live on social media and you yourself have a profile on every social platform including the ones being invented in basements tomorrow.
- You consume as much digital news in the celebrity, music, youth, college, GenZ, social justice, millennial (we rarely use this word, but for better or for worse, the press still does…), volunteer, and impact space that your 4G phone allows.
- You are an extrovert (or at least can convince people you are):
- You are comfortable walking up to a total stranger to discuss ways to work together.
- You work a room, and you develop real relationships from your professional network.
- You’ve done this before:
- You have 3-4 years experience and have an expansive Rolodex (even if we don’t have those anymore) of contacts we can work.
- Celebs know your name, and you know their dog’s name because you know they love their dog more than anything.
- You are super creative. You treat influencers as content creators. How we can create authentic and engaging content from the talent's perspective is always top of mind
- Deadlines are your bff:
- You respect deadlines and you flag concerns before they become issues that block us from getting stuff done. You understand the seriousness of locking a celeb and valuable press on time. Communication is key!
- You’re passionate:
- You love what we do, and you believe in social change and young people.
- You don’t just love “making a difference”--you love the way we do it and our brand.
- You thrive when moving at a fast pace and sharing your fun personality:
- We move fast. You should too.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). Plus your birthday and Valentine’s Day off, and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a Gong!, brownie bake-offs, and a spot on our summer kickball team.
- Five (or six? We're losing count...) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.
Minimum Education Required