Details: Hourly rate paid bi-weekly
1175 Howard Street
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union OPEIU
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $16 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Client Support Coordinator is responsible for handling client intakes and services to clients. Problem solving with the clients is a key part of this position. This position will ensure the safety of the Navigation Center by monitoring activities of the clients and controlling activities when necessary.
- Work with clients to resolve problems.
- Assist with providing resource and referral information for clients.
- Assist clients with navigating the criteria for housing.
- Responsible for respectful and courteous treatment of all clients at all times.
- Monitor and control activities in the Navigation Center ensuring the safety of clients and staff.
- Deliver client food.
- Assist with maintenance and cleanliness of shelter.
- Carry protective gloves at all times and use them as appropriate.
- Follow and maintain rules and regulations described in the Navigation Center’s operations manual.
- Implement and adhere to Standards of Care per City/County legislation.
- Enter client data into database using provided software program.
- Make area checks as assigned.
- Perform bed checks.
- Distribute and collect blankets and towels.
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent work experience. AA degree preferred.
- One year experience working with diverse populations in a non-profit setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good English communication skills, both verbal, reading and written.
- Enthusiastic about service others.
- Experience with and the ability to work with men and women who are chronically homeless, substance users and /or mentally ill.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in crisis situations.
- Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
- Proficient in data entry, learning new software and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, dignity, integrity, collaboration, justice, stewardship, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical paid in full (Kaiser), voluntary dental,vision, life insurance and 403b retirement plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Average written and verbal English skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume of your qualifications to be considered for this position.