Director, Center for Education Excellence and Talent Development
- Job posted by Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
350 S. Bixel St.
The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) represents 1,600+ member businesses throughout Los Angeles County. The Chamber is Southern California’s leading business advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening our economy and quality of life through job creation, workforce development, infrastructure investment and business development. www.lachamber.com.
UNITE-LA, an affiliate of the Chamber, is an independent 501(c)3 focused on transforming Los Angeles’ public education system cradle-to-career to ensure ALL youth have access to higher education and pursuit of a fulfilling and economically sustainable career. UNITE-LA does this by working in partnership with the business community and the Chamber through three distinct but interdependent areas: Policy, Programming and Systems Change. www.unitela.com
Under the direction of the Chamber’s Senior Vice President of the Center for Education Excellence and Talent Development, the Director will help advance strategic partnerships, programmatic and collaborative efforts to address the state and region’s talent development challenges.
This role requires a person with strong execution skills and detail orientation, the interpersonal savvy to work effectively with a range of external and internal partners, the communications and facilitations skills to support and work with a diverse set of stakeholders, including players from educational institutions
· Experience in strategic relationship building with a working knowledge of local and state business, educational, civic and community-based organizations
· Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain effective collaborative relationships
· Experience in meeting facilitation, particularly for coordinating planning and implementation groups
· Promote collaboration through shared decision-making, agenda-setting, and systems alignment
· Experience in project management from conception to delivery
· Strong leadership and organizational skills demonstrating a clear ability to plan and execute multi-faceted projects in a timely and effective manner
· Experience developing logic models, work plans, project designs and outcome statements
· Produce high caliber professional style memorandums and written correspondence
· Management experience overseeing and directing departmental staff in a fast-paced and fluid environment
· Support staff and consultants in the execution and delivery of project deliverables
· Coordinate with Marketing and Communications on integrating development/strategic partnerships into communications and build strategic communications strategy
· Devise and implement effective external messaging and methods to advance partnership efforts
· Minimum of five years of work experience in a cross-sector collaborative, non-profit organization, business and/or civic organization
· Excellent communication, organizational, and social skills—including demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues, business leaders and external partners
· Ability to comfortably deliver public presentations
· Excellent time and project management ability, including the ability to problem solve while balancing competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines
· Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
· Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
· Familiarity or working knowledge of LA/SoCal community, especially educational institutions and systems is a plus
· Experience working with diverse groups of partners and volunteers
· Interest in and commitment to the mission of UNITE-LA
· Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate degree preferred
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
· Work that may be performed in an intense, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
· Requires reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
· Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
· Positions in this class typically require: reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, standing for long periods of time and repetitive motions in computer use.
· Requires learning and adapting new software.
The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), Exempt level position. Benefits include: Vacation Time; Sick Time; Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Long Term Disability; Life Insurance, 401(k) and commuter/transportation benefits (Metro TAP and Metro-Link Corporate Program).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with "Director, Center for Education Excellence & Talent Dev." in the subject line.