400 W. 30th Street
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Manager, Individual Giving to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. Under the supervision of the Director, Individual Giving, the Manager will plan and execute PPLA’s annual fund solicitation programs for donors up to $1,000, including the direct response, patient giving, employee giving, and matching gift programs. Serve as project manager for monthly direct response mailings, identify donor segments, write fundraising appeals, communicate with graphic designer and mailhouse partners, and conduct thorough data analysis to help grow the donor base to meet ambitious fundraising goals. Provide support to gift processing and ensure timely acknowledgement of all donations. Collaborate and engage with supporters, staff, volunteers, and board members, and represent the agency in the community at events as assigned.
Focusing on direct response fundraising communications, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles seeks a stellar writer, analyst and project manager to join our Individual Giving team. With the aim of growing the donor base and filling the donor pipeline, the Manager is skilled at segmenting donor lists, creating tailored solicitation messaging, and analyzing results to maximize program growth. As a member of this team, you will be strengthening ties between a large donor base that is as passionate about reproductive health as you are.
As the largest provider of reproductive healthcare in Los Angeles County, Planned Parenthood’s mission is to provide convenient and affordable access to a comprehensive range of quality reproductive health care and sexual health information, through patient services, education, and advocacy.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two (2) or more years’ successful direct response fundraising experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of direct response fundraising required
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience with donor database software such as Raiser’s Edge desired
- Experience working with print and mail vendors desired
- Experience managing staff, volunteers and vendors desired
- Ability and willingness to travel within Los Angeles County
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required
About the position:
- Manage all cultivation, solicitation and stewardship communications for new and renewing annual fund donors at the $1-999 level
- Manage production of all direct response appeals, including appeal data preparation, list acquisition, copywriting, graphic design, mail drops and fulfillment data
- Create and implement strategy for complex donor segmentation strategy, including testing, reporting and analysis
- Oversee and grow the Ambassadors for Choice employee giving program, including soliciting current and new employees, stewardship activities and reporting
- Oversee and grow the patient giving program, including training health center staff, designing collateral materials, and reporting
- Oversee and grow the matching gift program, including designing collateral materials, confirming gifts, and reporting
- Track and report progress on direct response, matching gift, employee giving, and patient giving programs
- Ensure accurate entry of all annual fund gifts into donor database as well as timely acknowledgement of all $1-999 gifts
- Support the development department with administrative support such as answering phones, responding to email inquiries, sorting mail, etc.
- Attend events as assigned. Some evening and weekends required
- Support department programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned, both fund raising and administrative in nature
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume on our career site today!: