Full Time Temporary
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Nurse (Full-Time Term Position ending July 31, 2018) for our Nursing Program.
The Nurse is responsible for coordinating, providing and ensuring quality health care to all clients residing in a Wood’s Homes program. The Nurse will also work with medical, hospital and community services in order to provide quality health care support, continuity, education, and follow up for children and their families.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Nursing.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Supports the overall functioning of health clinics. This involves developing a system for managing medication supplies and the preparation of medication for clients, medical records, processing of Critical Medical Incidents, and annual immunization clinics for residents and staff.
- Processes physicians orders and ensures recommended treatment and investigative procedures are carried out.
- Coordinates medical and other health care professional appointments within Wood’s Homes and in the community.
- In conjunction with program staff develops nursing care plans for residents based on identified health needs.
- Provides medication orientation and training for all new staff and at least on an annual basis for all program staff.
- Collaborates with other nursing staff to provide in-services related to health teaching for staff and clients based on identified learning needs and on request.
- Maintains statistical records related to nursing activities.
- Works in accordance with both the Health Professions Act and Policies and Procedures of Wood's Homes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
· Bachelor of Nursing, BNRN, Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
· Registered with CARNA, Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association.
· Experience in a residential treatment setting with young people is an asset.
· Demonstrated competence in emergency care interventions (such as CPR, First Aid) required and training in the use of Universal Precautions.
· Flexible hours of work are required.
· Must have own transportation.
· Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Nurse (Term)’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.