2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Program Manager - Training for our Homelessness Prevention Services. Under the supervision of the Director of Homelessness Prevention, YouthCare’s Program Manager - Training will be responsible for developing, creating, and supporting training services for runaway and homeless youth service providers in King County. The scope of this role includes the day-to-day oversight of the Youth Worker Institute – an innovative pilot project responsible for the training and professional development for service providers working with homeless youth and young adults in King County – and oversight of training and outreach activities at the Youth Services Center. The role also includes supporting YouthCare’s internal training programs, and the supervision of the YSC Training and Outreach Coordinator and the YWI AmeriCorps staff.
Successful candidates will have:
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in program development, design and coordination,
· Understanding of adult learning methods and how to best implement these principles across a wide variety of experiences and formal education levels
· Project management experience to drive implementation of a multi-partner program
· Passionate and enthusiastic trainer capable of facilitating stakeholder meetings and learning forums to meet objectives
· Demonstrated experience working with nonprofits
· Highly organized, detailed and flexible. Able to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
· Possesses personal qualities of social justice, integrity, commitment and quality service
· Bachelor of Arts degree can be substituted with 3-4 yrs. applicable experience
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DSHS background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
· Ability to follow YouthCare’s Taking Call policy when providing occasional Safe Place coverage. Policy requirements include:
o No use of alcohol or any substance that would cause the staff member to be under the influence. Staff members taking call are expected to abide by YouthCare’s Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace policy as if on-duty.
o Maintain cell phone coverage for entire time period staff is taking call. Respond to calls and messages promptly.
o Be able to answer calls at any time and physically be present if necessary.
o Maintain the ability to be accessible for calls across King County within 45 minutes.
· When taking call, must be able to respond in person and address emergent and safety concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Program Manager - Training