Full Time Temporary
Details: $14.00 per hour - $15.00 per hour
566 Columbus Avenue
United South End Settlements’ Club48 is a licensed out of school time program that focuses on the social-emotional growth and well being of children between the ages of 5-12. Our daily schedule includes team building activities, enrichment activities and academic assistance. Partnerships include, but are not limited to: the Museum of Fine Arts, New England Aquarium, Northeastern University, Boston College, and Roxbury Rocks. Club48 operates in 2 week sessions, Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm. We have income-eligible, voucher and private pay slots for school-aged youth.
Assistant Group Leaders report to the Director of Club48 and are responsible for assisting with the daily planning and implementation of small group activities, including daily STEAM activities, and direct supervision of children 5 to 12 years of age. Assistant Group Leaders actively participate in both small and large group activities and step into to cover classrooms while Group Leaders are on break. Assistant Group Leaders work 35 hours per week and must be available from the beginning of June through the end of August.
- Assist with designing and leading small group STEAM based activities to meet the social, educational, and recreational interests and needs of school-age children
- Provide a consistent, structured daily program
- Comply with the program's positive discipline policy
- Observe, record, and report significant individual and group behaviors
- Maintain a safe, welcoming and clean group room environment
- Attend staff meetings, group supervision sessions, monthly program family meetings
- Participate in trainings as recommended by the Director
- Maintain open communication with families of the children assigned to his/her group
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must meet the qualifications for Group Leader as specified by the Department of Early Childhood Education and Care (DEEC)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and meet one of the following sets of requirements:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree, and have 3 months of experience working with school-age children
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent, and have 6 months experience working with school-age children including 3 months supervised experience at a school-age child care program
- Have nine months of experience with school age children, including three months of supervised experience at a school age child care program
- Have a demonstrated interest and commitment to working with children and families is necessary
- Experience in designing and leading STEAM based activities for children is strongly preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to climb, reach, stand, walk, finger, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion
- Work requires close visual acuity
- Position requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly
Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, please specify the position to which you are applying.
No phone calls, please.