Philadelphia Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc., Workforce Academy (OICWA)
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Job Type: Full Time; 10 month Job Start Date: ASAP
The mission of Philadelphia Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc. (“Philadelphia OIC”) Workforce Academy is to assist the unemployed, the underemployed, the homeless, and disadvantaged youth and adults to achieve self-sufficiency and employment, primarily, through education, training, job placement, as well as supportive human services, housing, and economic development.
Beginning in the 2018-2019 school year, Philadelphia OIC will implement an accelerated alternative education program entitled, the Philadelphia OIC Workforce Academy. The academy will utilize a multifaceted approach to learning, as well as, an introduction to the workforce industry. OICWA is specifically for students who are ages 16-21 overage/under credited and/or at risk of not earning a high school diploma in a traditional setting and reside in the city of Philadelphia.
The OIC Workforce Academy (OICWA) Teacher is a team player that is dedicated to the mission and vision of the accelerated school model. The teacher is passionate, energetic, creative, flexible, transformational and upholds the beliefs that all students can and will achieve at high levels. Under the direction of the Executive Director/ Principal and/or designee, the Workforce Academy teacher will assist in leading the schools goal to increase student achievement. The OICWA teacher is driven by data informed instruction, committed to the principles of experimental and project based learning, places literacy at the heart of learning and develops and cultivate caring relationships with the school leader, teachers, families, community members, and most importantly students,
The OICWA implements policies, procedures and regulations to ensure a rigorous academic environment based on required curriculum and student achievement objectives; ensures student safety and applies appropriate behavior modification techniques; and assist in the daily management of all aspects of school operations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Roles and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Serving as a passionate teacher and learner leader committed to engaging non-traditional instructional practices
- Serving on school committees to support teaching and learning and to accelerate learning outcomes
- Developing curriculum and assessments
- Ensuring education equity and access for special education students and English language learners
- Collaborating as an active member of the Professional Learning Communities and Distributive Team Meetings to develop and implement an academic, technical, technology and practical curriculum
- Furnishing information, guidance and support, to students targeted to meeting the challenges of accelerated learners
- Advancing practice by attending training and workshops to maintain current pedagogy and to enhance skills
- Assisting with school improvement processes and activities
- Participating in Professional Learning Communities to ensure effective data driven informed teaching and learning
- Contributing to the public relations of OIC Workforce Academy concerning student achievement and student activities; staff accomplishments; publicizes student and family events, programs, extra-curricular activities
- Reporting/ eliminating potentially dangerous conditions as soon as possible to safeguard the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, visitors and community
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Current Pennsylvania Education Teaching Certification
- One year experience working with at-risk youth preferred
- Proven ability and working knowledge with Microsoft software applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A strong understanding of blended/ virtual learning and effective use of technology to increase student achievement
- An entrepreneurial approach to problem solving evidenced by a track record of
- An unwavering belief that all students can and will excel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested please forward your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please No Phone Calls