The Executive Assistant will work closely with Relay GSE's Executive Team on a myriad of institutional initiatives, and more broadly, will be exposed to a broad variety of education reform issues. Individuals must possess exceptional organizational, writing, and research skills and a serious passion for improving public education, particularly for low-income students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the President, Executive Vice President, and Vice Provost of Campus Affairs’ daily and weekly calendars, ensuring all meetings are well-planned and well-organized
- Research and plan the logistics of the Executive Team’s national and global travel
- Manage regular communications with external parties and act as a representative of the Executive Team in all interactions
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Team regarding all meetings and priorities as needed
- Manage the Executive Team’s Relay GSE finance-related tasks including receipt collection, credit card reconciliation, and other financial bookkeeping, as necessary
- Take notes during and prepare summaries following key internal and external meetings
- Undertake substantive research and writing projects on behalf of the Executive Team, including the Faculty Handbook and Academic Programs Guide
- Compile weekly newsletter for all campus leaders
- Act as the project coordinator for and support the logistics of several high-stakes events, including campus leader meetings, senior instructional leader meetings, dean meetings, and new faculty training
- Demonstrate accountability for smooth operations, ensuring all tasks for the Executive Team are completed on time
- Perform other duties as needed
First and foremost, the Executive Assistant must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training. Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Four plus years of professional experience (with at least two years in a related capacity)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (for both formal prose and informal correspondence)
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the achievement gap
- An ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- A high level of energy, positivity, optimism, and humor
- Authorized to work in the United States
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website.