Rockwood Leadership Institute teaches personal transformative leadership practices and skills that connect social change leaders in powerful networks to create a just, sustainable and equitable world.
Rockwood does not do ‘business as usual.’ Our commitment to our values influences every aspect of our organization—what we do and how we do it.
Our core values include:
· Radical inclusion.
· Relationship over task.
· Giving and receiving direct feedback.
· Kindness over niceness.
· Leading from purpose, individually and as an organization.
The Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for management and implementation of programs that support and engage Rockwood’s Community of Practice (COP), a network of over 7,000 social change leaders across the United States and internationally.
The purpose of this new role is to create and grow a global community of leaders who operate in alignment with Rockwood values and to connect them to each other, support their work and offer a place to learn and share challenges. This is why we need someone full-time, scaling our relationships to reach thousands of people at a time, while maintaining a sense of belonging. Not easy, but you can do it!
You need to be able to hold the big picture of this vision, AND be a superb event planner, communications associate and program developer. We are not really thinking one person will be excellent at ALL this, but this is our aspirational description. Some travel is required.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities
Organizing our network:
· Develop online programming to engage alumni, partners, and social change leaders, including managing webcasts to convene national alumni community.
· Manage communications and materials production for Community of Practice in partnership with Program staff.
· Design and execute face-to-face events towards alumni and partner engagement.
· Engage with network members to develop deep relationships and deliver network hubs across the country.
· Effectively partner with staff and trainers on program design and delivery.
Create and Maintain Online Communications:
· Partner with communications team to produce original and curated content.
· Manage regular online presence, social media activities, email communications as needed.
· Handle webcasting tech tools for monthly call.
Other organizational responsibilities:
· Manage COP budget and report on program outcomes.
· Participate in strategic and programmatic planning with Rockwood staff and trainers to identify and implement organizational goals.
· Serve as a rotating facilitator of weekly Rockwood staff meetings.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in program management or community organizing for a nonprofit organization, educational institution or other office-based business.
· Ideally, you have experience at the intersection of communications and large-scale campaigns – those skills will come in handy to nurture a large and mostly virtual community.
· Ability to strategize, implement and build programming and activities that engage alumni, partners and other leaders.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and Salesforce (or other CRM) required.
· Highly effective spoken (phone and in person) and written communication skills.
· Ability to travel across the country and work evenings or weekends to support events and retreats.
· Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to manage and implement multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
· Impeccable attention to detail – has an organized system of managing tasks and consistent follow-up.
· Copy editing, proofing, and formatting skills.
· Basic graphic design skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to resolve issues that may come up.
· Ability to nurture meaningful relationships with other members of the network.
· Ability to work within a diverse workplace.
· Ability to relate to a broad spectrum of people outside of Rockwood.
· Optimistic and positive team player.
Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, Rockwood prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
Rockwood offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our 32 hour workweek means you have every Friday off – we only work Monday through Thursday. This position is ideally based out of our Oakland office, but could be anywhere a good candidate can be found. The salary range for this position is $60,000-65,000.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter with a description of your experience as it relates to the above and resume to email@example.com by 4/6/2018.