Nonprofit Finance and Development Manager (LGBTQ Organization)
Details: commensurate with experience (small nonprofit)
- The Finance and Development Manager of Greater Boston PFLAG will have overall responsibility of the day-to-day financial and back office operations of our non-profit office. If you are looking for a position where you can utilize your finance background to make an impact in the LGBTQ community keep reading!
Responsibilities and Duties
The core duties are outlined below.
- Processing of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and revenue (SalesForce) and quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Payroll processing for employees, 1099 processing for contractors, and all supporting tracking and documentation.
- Liaison to Board Treasurer – prepare and provide documents, reports, and information as needed
- Auditing, Taxes, Reporting and Insurance – fiscal year audits, workers compensation, tax filings, payment processing, report preparation and filing
Administration and Human Resources
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely information on all donors. Update information received from the President, Program Manager, Board Members, USPS, and internet data searches to assure the most accurate data possible
- Upkeep and manage Greater Giving Auction Management Database
- Assist with on-boarding new hires and contractors, payroll processing, personnel records, insurance and worker’s compensation filings and processing, tracking staff’s time-off/sick days
- Assist the Executive Director with the actions of the Fundraising Committee work prior to and during fundraising events – this may include creating agendas, training event staff, recording and documenting donations/grants
- Assist committee members and Executive Director in tracking their solicitation/ask letters
If you are prepared to make a difference, you want to work with a great group of colleagues, and you are prepared to jump in wherever/whenever needed please consider applying for this role.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills required for this position include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including a strong familiarity with Excel, including graphics, de-duping, building spreadsheets, generating reports, etc
- Experience in budget monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software Online, QuickBooks Payroll, and Paypal
- Working knowledge of SalesForce (or other SQL databases) and ability to generate reports
- Working knowledge of Greater Giving Event Suite Software (preferred);
- Ability to work with the general public in a way that sets people at ease and strengthens the reputation of Greater Boston PFLAG.
- Greater Boston PFLAG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability or national origin.
Apply method: Email (email@example.com) with cover letter and resume.
Minimum Education Required