District of Columbia
SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Airport Campaign Field Coordinator, Property Services Division Grade: MGT D - Salary 93,203
Location: Washington, D.C.
Purpose: This position, as a member of the Property Services Division Senior Team, is
responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of all worker organizing
tactics and strategies used in Property Services airports organizing campaign, and for
assessing and improving airports field organizing capacity across the Division and its
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties
and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required
and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be
performed by employees in the classification.)
• Provides field organizing leadership on the airports campaign, including developing
and implementing successful field plans, formulating innovative and effective field
strategies, and allocating and coordinating Division and Local union field
• Works closely with the Airports Campaign Director and Local Union staff to
develop clearly defined plans and goals for worker mobilization, and ensures
accountability to these goals.
• Leads processes to systematically assess field strategies, tactics, and techniques
on the airports campaign, and generates both best practices as well as innovative
approaches to worker mobilization.
• Works with Division and Local airports organizing staff leadership to develop
consistent metrics and standards for measuring worker strength and overall field
• In conjunction with the Airports Campaign Director, supervises, leads, assigns, and
evaluates Property Services airports field staff, including developing individual
work plans and overseeing their implementation.
• Develops relationships and coordinates work with other departments/divisions and
(as needed) other organizations to effectively carry out field campaign plans.
• Advises and makes recommendations to the Airports Campaign Director around
field resource allocation and budgets based on an analysis of opportunity and
• As a member of the Property Services Senior Team, helps develop and implement
the overall program of the Property Services Division.
• Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Includes SEIU and affiliate staff and elected leaders; staff and leaders of Change to Win
and other unions; community and allied organizations, relevant public officials; and
experts on Property Services issues.
Direction and Decision Making
This position reports to the Airports Campaign Director and the individual must have the
ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree
in labor relations, public administration, political science, liberal arts or a related field
and five years relevant campaign experience; or a combination of education and
experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of union field organizing theory, strategies, and tactics,
particularly in the non-NLRB context.
• Thorough knowledge of strategies and techniques used by SEIU to organize,
lead and mobilize workers.
• Extensive experience directing large and/or complex union field organizing
• Ability to execute campaign goals and objectives, to work effectively with Division
and Local staff leadership, and to carry out required objectives
• Familiarity with labor relations issues relevant to Property Services Division
industries or similar service industries.
• Significant management experience, including leadership, staff supervision, and
• Knowledge of unions and local union structures, interests, and systems.
• Ability to integrate worker organizing and field work into comprehensive
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and conduct training sessions.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established timelines.
• Ability to work effectively with elected leaders and staff in complex and
sometimes politically sensitive situations.
• Ability to communicate political and policy priorities to SEIU members.
• Ability to use a personal computer and relevant Microsoft Office programs.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but may also be performed at worksites
or in other environments. Must have willingness to work long and irregular hours and
travel extensively as needed.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/8vbx7ftz44g67w27
Minimum Education Required