Details: Starting wage of $20-$25/hour depending on experience.
The National Engagement Coordinator (NEC) is a new position at All-Options, providing integral support for grassroots fundraising and communications. Core duties include maintaining our donor database, processing gifts, assisting with fundraising campaigns and appeals, and ensuring we have an active and engaging social media presence.
All-Options is a nationally distributed organization with employees in California, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. The NEC will report to our National Engagement Director (NED), who is based in Philadelphia. NOTE: While the NEC is a remote position, candidates must be based in (or willing to relocate to) CA, IN, or PA within approximately one hour of a major airport.
All-Options uses direct service and social change strategies to promote judgment-free support for pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption. We know these issues can be complex, but one thing is certain - everyone deserves to have all options!
Key Responsibilities in this Position
- Process incoming checks and online donations on a daily basis
- Generate gift acknowledgment letters/receipts and assist with thank you calls/notes to donors
- Assist NED with drafting gift acknowledgment letters and other donor communications
- Maintain accurate and complete contact records in our donor database, including ongoing updating, cleaning, and organizing of data
- Download and format monthly reports from donation processing sites
- Assist with stuffing and mailing print fundraising campaigns and appeals
- Provide support to grant-writing and research as needed
- Maintain All-Options’ social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; curate, create, and post original and shared social media content
- Participate in social media posts by triaging and engaging with messages/comments
- Work with the NED to carry out communications campaigns that bring in new followers and grow our online community
- Assist NED with identifying topics and creating content for blog posts, emails, newsletters, and other communication pieces
- Maintain an updated calendar of fundraising and communications efforts
- Maintain a digital archive of All-Options press and earned media
- Assist with filing and documentation, both digital and paper based
- Provide occasional program and event support
- Participate in staff meetings and retreats, including annual travel to Indiana
Who We are Looking For
We are looking for a National Engagement Coordinator who is passionate about reproductive justice, wants to build on their fundraising and communications skills, and understands the importance of strong systems and data collection for helping an organization run effectively.
The ideal candidate is responsible, highly organized yet flexible, pays attention to the smallest details, and knows when to ask for help while also being able to work independently. Must be able to hold confidential information and function effectively in a nationally distributed and virtually connected organization.
While no candidate will possess every qualification, the following are highly desired:
- At least 1 year of full time work in a fundraising or communications support role
- Experience with gift processing and donor database maintenance, or prior experience keeping clean, detailed records
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), ideally with prior experience managing accounts for groups or organizations
- Meticulous attention to detail with both text and numbers
- Strong writing skills and ability to quickly learn the All-Options voice; experience creating original content, such as emails to supporters, blog posts, or website copy is a plus
- Professional and friendly communication skills in person, by phone, and online
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Drive and Apps, the Microsoft Office suite, and databases such as NeonCRM; other tools we use include Asana, MailChimp, and Zoom
- Demonstrated commitment to social and reproductive justice
- Cultural awareness and humility; ability to build positive relationships with diverse people
- High level of emotional intelligence, compassion, sense of humor and fun, and capacity for self-reflection and self-improvement
This position requires the ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, to communicate by telephone and video conference, and to travel occasionally to Indiana and other locations within the United States for meetings and conferences. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The NEC is a non-exempt full-time position (35-40 hours/week), with a starting wage of $20-25/hour depending on experience. Work schedule will generally be Monday-Friday with some flexibility in hours. Benefits include generous paid time off, a simple IRA retirement fund with employer match up to 3% of annual salary, and an employer-funded Health Reimbursement Account of up to $420/month for medical, dental, vision, and other health premiums and expenses. This position offers opportunities for growth and advancement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete this online application [https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NECjob2018] and upload your resume and cover letter. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis; position open until filled. No phone calls or emails, please.
All-Options is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse workforce is critical for reproductive justice and an asset to our organization. People who have experienced pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and/or adoption, people of color, people with disabilities, and those who identify as transgender, gender expansive, or queer are encouraged to apply.