900 2nd Street NE
Center City Public Charter School's PreK-8th grade neighborhood-based schools provide a high quality, well-rounded public education. Our Mission is to empower our students for lifelong success by building strong character, promoting academic excellence, and generating public service throughout Washington D.C. The central office at Center City works to ensure that all campuses receive the business and administrative support necessary so that principals and teachers can focus on the students.
A Center City PCS SPED Teacher is expected to work with school staff to help create an environment that is rich with high expectations and rigor combining specific and constant reinforcement of scholar work and effort.
- Position helps to create a classroom culture that represents Center City’s high expectations for every scholar and its core values. Inclusion Teachers are expected to provide specific and timely feedback on scholar effort, behavior and student work.
- Work collaboratively with the general education teacher to ensure Inclusion Model is implemented consistently at Center City PCS.
- Position provides instruction that supports, supplements, and extends excellent classroom teaching. Position is responsible for analyzing mandated data and planning for future individualized education needs.
- Position is responsible for instructing students individually or in groups to enable students to ensure students are receiving accommodations and modification in accordance with IEPs, 504 plans, etc.
- Collaborate and co-teach daily effective differentiated instruction
- Engage parents and families in their child’s academic success
- Ensure that Center City PCS is in compliance with Federal and State Law
- Participate actively Center City’s learning community
- Maintain high professional standards that contribute to school productivity
- Able to lift 10 pounds
- Able to stand for long hours
- Bachelor’s degree and meet the content knowledge requirements of the subject matter taught by taking the required Praxis (Elementary, ECE, or content specific test)
- Minimum of 2 years of urban teaching experience
- Demonstrate verbally basic clinical/diagnostic understanding of the identified child’s needs
- Certification in Special Education
Center City PCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following benefits to all full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance premiums subsidized by employer
- 401k Retirement Plan with 5% employer match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your online application today at http://centercity.applytojob.com/apply