ABOUT THE ROLE
As BASTA’s Employer Partnerships Manager, you will support the strategy and execution of BASTA’s partnership development. This is a unique role sitting at the intersection of sales, business development, and direct service work. To truly move the needle on who gets hired across the Fortune 500, we need more leading companies ready and willing to hire first-generation college students. You will work with the Head of Employer Partnerships to identify the most effective paths to building employer partnerships that will drive this hiring at scale.
- Manage potential partner relationships: You’ll manage most introductory calls with potential partners, building a relationship with stakeholders and recommending next steps as they move forward in our sales pipeline. With some partners, you’ll lead the sales process completely, starting with initial pitch through negotiation and contract acceptance.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with current BASTA partners: You’ll manage relationships with a subset of BASTA’s current partners - holding regular check-ins, managing their requests for job postings/events, and facilitating the renewal process.
- Increase BASTA’s brand awareness: You’ll drive our LinkedIn posting strategy, thinking of creative ways to share information about BASTA with the business world, tracking engagement and developing/cultivating leads through the platform.
- Develop and execute our ‘top of pipeline’ strategy: You’ll build and manage strategies to increase our pipeline of potential leads, including identifying targets and owning initial outreach emails.
- Track & analyze data: You’ll carefully track the progress your leads make through the sales pipeline, utilizing BASTA tools to accomplish goals and report out on progress.
- Develop expertise in the entry-level hiring market: You’ll work to identify high-potential roles that BASTA Fellows should apply to each week, utilizing both your understanding of Fellow candidate profiles and entry-level opportunities that exist.
- Collaborate with the Career Success Team: You’ll share potential job opportunities with the Fellow-facing team to educate them on details of opportunities, connect fellows to the right roles, and support their applications.
You’ll also manage ad-hoc projects as needed, including but not limited to engaging with Volunteer Force, helping staff events, participating in BASTA programming, and working directly with Fellows.
On a typical day, you might:
- Attend two meetings (virtually, for now!) with recruiters from prospective employer partners
- Conduct a bi-weekly check-in call with a current BASTA partner to assess hiring levels and discuss partnership renewal
- Draft tailored emails for our top 10 active volunteers to schedule calls designed to identify potential future partnership opportunities for BASTA
- Research companies in the fintech industry, with the goal of identifying 15 potential points of contact and draft a tailored email campaign for this audience
- Review your sales pipeline data to share update your monthly progress report template
ABOUT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You could be our Employer Partnerships Manager if:
- You believe deeply in the inherent value and potential first-generation students bring to the workplace and are excited to support them to achieve their career goals
- You love meeting new people and understanding what makes them tick
- You have an innate curiosity about data and a desire to use it to drive your work
- You have outstanding attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a systems-mindset
- You take complete ownership over your work, but you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it. You’re also willing to jump in wherever you’re needed
- You have 5+ years experience, ideally a subset of that time spent in business development or sales
- You’re comfortable working in a virtual environment using virtual communication/collaboration tools, including Google docs, Zoom, and Slack
- You are based in or near New York City and are available for some weekend and evening work