Details: commensurate with education and experience
1400 Main Drive Northwest
District of Columbia
District of Columbia International School (DCI) is a public charter middle and high school in DC. We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s education centers on the:
- International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
We currently serve 800 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-10. We have moved to our beautiful new building on the Walter Reed campus, where we will grow into a 6-12 middle and high school and serve 1500 students.
While only in our fourth year, DCI has become an IB World School and has been rated Tier 1, the highest rating by the Public Charter School Board. We are dramatically increasing our staff in 2017-18 and look forward to receiving your application. Come join a great team building a great school!
DCI is hiring a full time HS Calculus Teacher. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.
Position Overview: This teaching position entails instructional and planning responsibilities for providing IB Calculus Math Education education to students at DCI during the school year. This content will be taught in English.
Qualifications: A Master's Degree in secondary education or this content area is preferred (Bachelor's Degree is required). Able to meet HQT requirements under NCLB. Previous experience teaching in this content area is strongly preferred. Experience with 1:1 technology a plus.
- Deliver exceptional Math Education instruction to diverse learners
- Plan curriculum using a deep understanding of, and integration with, the IB Math Education curriculum framework.
- Advise students, including teach an advisory class using our advisory curriculum, and support other aspects of the school’s instructional program.
- Ability to handle the intensity required to work in a high-performing charter school, and remain organized, responsible, and accountable.
- Ability to proactively manage the classroom learning environment in accordance with the school’s discipline approach to maximize student engagement and learning.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
- Interest and desire to engage in the IB MYP and language immersion
- Ability to do the professional development work needed to deliver instruction at a high level.
- Collaborate with general and special educators, coordinators, and leadership
- High degree of communication through a variety of mediums with parents and students
- Embrace Chinese, Spanish, and French cultures by leading and participating in cultural activities for faculty and students
- Ensure that our 1:1 Chromebooks program is implemented effectively for students by infusing technology into instruction
- Other duties as assigned
DCI faculty and staff embrace the rigor and commitment necessary to build a shared culture and vision. We want you to join our team dedicated to social justice, environmental stewardship, diversity, internationalism, and interdisciplinary education as reflected in the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework. We expect that all of our students can achieve academically at the very highest levels. Our mission statement reflects our core values: DC International School inspires inquiring, engaged, knowledgeable and caring secondary students who are multi-lingual, culturally competent, and committed to proactively creating a socially just and sustainable world.
DC International School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
DCI is committed to the principles of servant leadership and to providing faculty and staff with the resources and training they need to provide an excellent education experience for every student and family.
- We have a benefits package that includes health and disability insurance and paid leave.
- We offer teachers daily planning time, professional development, and reasonable class sizes.
- Teachers and staff have the appropriate technology and support to do their work.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org