3170 23rd Street
Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS) provides supportive pet care services to low-income seniors and people with disabling illness (such as HIV, MS, PTSD, and cancer). We help people keep their pets in their lives when they need them the most. PAWS serves 600+ clients through services such as a pet food bank, financial assistance with veterinary care, emergency pet foster care, dog washes, and other services.
As part of the PAWS program, the Food Bank Coordinator (FBC) will handle all aspects of the food bank service including receiving and stocking product, delivery logistics for homebound clients, inventory management, distribution to clients, coordination and supervision of volunteers, and general maintenance of the food bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff the food bank on Saturdays and provide direct service to clients for their pets’ food, supplies and other needs.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services Coordinator to schedule food bank volunteers.
- Directly supervise food bank volunteers (delivery prep volunteers “boxers”, on-site volunteers, and delivery teams) and Saturday staff assistant.
- Prepare routes, maps and instructions for Saturday home deliveries.
- Collaborate with Food Bank Director to manage data collection and data entry of clients accessing food bank services, and of product distribution.
- Manage and track inventory and, in coordination with the Food Bank Director, order food and supplies, when needed.
- Process all in-kind donations of food bank supplies including, when necessary, picking up donated items from local sources.
- In partnership with the client Care Navigators, track clients whose pets have special needs and coordinate deliveries for homebound clients.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to set-up Food Bank delivery to clients for urgent weekday situations.
- Keep the food bank area clean and organized; rotate stock and inspect all donated food for signs of contamination.
- Attend weekly team meetings and participate in other agency meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Commitment to the mission of Shanti and the PAWS program, especially the importance of the human-animal bond.
- Experience and/or commitment to providing direct client services to low-income individuals, people with HIV/AIDS, people of color, people with psychiatric and/or physical disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Experience successfully working with and supervising volunteers.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications including the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and other database applications. (Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce databases a plus.)
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License with no outstanding moving vehicle citations and an excellent driving record.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, demonstrate sound judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Attentiveness to details and consistent and accurate follow-through on tasks.
- Strong organizational skills. A passion for numbers and systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, bend, reach with hands and arms, place and retrieve individual items and boxes on shelves, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is also required to regularly push, pull and lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs unassisted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Shanti is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required