Administrative Operations Manager (Part-Time 20 hours per week)
- Job posted by First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
2344 Center Street
We’re a “143-year old startup” looking for a creative “intrapreneur” to develop and manage the administrative and operational functions necessary to support the members, programs, and staff of a dynamic and growing church. We seek someone who thinks like a jazz musician – creating riffs, enabling soloists and ensembles alike to thrive in a climate of continuous change. You’ll also manage the operation of church-wide administrative technology systems and the vendors that support them. You’ll find creative ways to enable strong volunteer support of ministries and events throughout the church. Judgment and independent decision making are important assets. You’ll need to be proficient in software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, calendars, and databases and capable of learning new ones quickly.
- Create and maintain an effective, smoothly working administrative office.
- Manage/coordinate church calendar of activities & facility use with sensitivity to multiple stakeholders.
- Maintain technical systems & software that support the needs of the church within the limits of budgets provided largely by member donations.
- Coordinate facility use requests with the Facilities Manager to ensure all stakeholder needs are met.
- Coordinate requests for ministry services, such as marriages, weddings, memorial services & interment requests so that recipients come away from the experience feeling loved, supported, and ready to invite others into this community.
- Help to find, empower and inspire volunteers who through your successful leadership become co-owners of the success of every ministry, program and event they support.
- Oversee maintenance of our church member database so that the leaders of our church and the Presbytery can rely upon it for accuracy and currency.
- Offer a welcoming presence to everyone you encounter.
- Find joy in creating new processes and systems.
- Be able to re-prioritize in real-time, driving results with a minimum of “noise.”
- Explore and implement time- and cost-efficient approaches to the varied responsibilities of this position so that the needs of the church are met.
- Comply with church Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- As you succeed and grow in the job, our leaders may find new challenges for you to explore along with us.
- Proven track record managing competing demands and people to achieve results through collaboration.
- You’re proficient in office software.
- You’re a quick learner, comfortable learning new methods and systems.
- You’re forward-leaning, embracing change. You relish the challenge of the unfamiliar.
- You have a gift for collaboration; you enjoy helping teams create and execute programs.
- You view mistakes as an opportunity to learn.
- You’re a patient, effective motivator.
- You’re good at marshaling resources that aren’t under your control.
- You have solid interpersonal skills; you can make the complex simple.You may not like everyone you meet in life, but in this position, you need to love them all.
- You accept the value and beauty of being in a faith community and have no illusions that everything is perfect (it never is.)
- Using stairs and elevators
- Occasionally handling miscellaneous loads up to 50 pounds
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required