Position overview: TEP Social Workers serve as the primary coordinators of mental health services for TEP students and families, design and implement programs that promote social and emotional health, and respond to day-to-day student issues and unanticipated crises. Each Social Worker at TEP focuses his/her efforts on the students, families, and teachers in one specific cohort. In this role, you will serve as the Social Worker for TEP's 2018 Kindergarten Cohort. You will then move up with this cohort of students throughout their time at TEP until they graduate TEP in 8th grade! This is an amazing opportunity to become a part of TEP history and to form long-lasting relationships with students and families as they navigate the road from Kindergarten through adolescence.
Mental health and counseling services
- Provide regular counseling to students and families in need of social and emotional support; this includes both mandated counseling to students with IEPs (Individualized Education Plans) as well as individual and group counseling to other students in need
- Coordinate the delivery of mental health and family services at community-based organizations for students and families requiring outside services
- Create programs for students and families to promote emotional and mental health
- Create mental and emotional health in-service programs for staff
- Respond to day-to-day issues and unanticipated student crises at TEP during the course of a school day
- Complete fluency in Spanish required
- Master’s degree in Social Work preferred, those with degrees in School Counseling or School Psychology will be considered
- Significant experience as a Social Worker/School Psychologist/School Counseling, preferably in an elementary school setting
- Minimum of five years clinical experience working with children and families or related experience
- Working knowledge of the instructional and social needs of students at risk and students with disabilities
- Ability to design and implement in-school prevention programming according to current best practices
- Ability to simultaneously manage a regular counseling schedule and triage crisis
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing urgent tasks
Compensation and benefits: The Social Worker is paid a starting salary of $80,000. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a 403b retirement plan. The candidate also receives all school vacations – approximately 10 weeks per year.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter through the form below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In your cover letter, you must indicate that you are completely fluent in Spanish. Candidates who are not fluent in Spanish will not be considered.
Deadlines and notifications: TEP is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. If you submit all of the required materials, you will receive a response from us as to whether or not you will be invited to the next stage in the process.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visits us at: http://www.tepcharter.org/jobs.php?gh_jid=170290