Outreach and Scheduling Coordinator – HBCC Training
- Job posted by The Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation
50 East 168th Street
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Job Summary: The Outreach and Scheduling Coordinator will work directly with a dedicated team of HBCC Trainers who train and assist childcare providers through the licensing and legally exempt registration process. The Training team collaboratively facilitates training, provides technical assistance and conducts home visits to ensure informal childcare providers reach required health and safety requirements and establish professional licensed childcare businesses if desired. The Outreach and Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for outreach to clients and the childcare community, for scheduling trainings, assisting in fielding questions from clients and providing administrative support to the Training team as needed.
· Serve as first point of contact and liaison between the HBCC Training team and clients.
· Field questions and respond to basic inquiries via telephone, email and from walk-in clients.
· Provide an overview of trainings and technical assistance services to clients.
· Assist Trainers in scheduling and coordinating childcare provider trainings and workshops, including publishing training calendar, reserving training rooms, keeping front desk informed of trainings, contacting clients with schedule changes when needed, registering clients for trainings, helping to prepare training materials.
· Enter attendance sheets into WHEDco’s client tracking database.
· Distribute enrollment forms and assist providers with filling out forms, if needed.
· Order department supplies.
· Make referrals to training, technical assistance and other WHEDco resources as needed.
· Provide orientation sessions for individuals interested in becoming licensed.
· Provide technical assistance for licensing application completion including full review of application.
· Provide information on start-up and equipment grants as applicable; provide support for completing applications.
· Conduct community outreach and information sessions about HBCC.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned.
· BA preferred but not required.
· Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) required.
· Demonstrated administrative experience in an office environment (strong internship or part-time experience considered).
· Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Research, etc.
· Some experience or demonstrated interest in childcare and/or the child development field.
· Strong communication skills; professional demeanor and presentation.
· Excellent organizational ability and outstanding attention to detail.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to positively interact with the public as well as to establish positive working relationships with diverse personalities.
- Passion for WHEDco’s mission.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To respond, send a cover letter and resume to one of the following:
Mail: WHEDco, 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
Attn: Coordinator of Homebased Childcare Provider Training
No telephone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Rolling until filled.