MANAGER, DIGITAL INNOVATION
LEAD: ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS
SUMMARY: Our people are the most important asset to PMD Alliance and investing in them is vital to the success of our organization, and that is why the Manager, Digital Innovation, must be a human-centric problem solver with exemplary attention to detail and incredible patience. As a member of the Incubator team, this position supports the integrity, process and human centric based processes to ensure solutions are scalable and meet stakeholder needs in conjunction with business and organizational strategic goals.
PMD Alliance is a fast-paced organization committed to continual learning, growth, and development. We strive to fulfill unmet needs by delivering services in cost effective, efficient, and meaningful ways. Although a non-profit, we are also a business that must balance competing needs to ensure we do the greatest good for the largest number of people in a transformational manner. This culture and organizational model requires each team member to be both nimble and highly focused, both as an individual contributor and integrated team member.
All members of the PMD Alliance team commit to and embrace a set of beliefs. These beliefs are intentionally placed above the specific duties as PMD Alliance considers consistency in living these values and beliefs a core part of each board and staff member’s role:
- People are more than their disease.
- – Programs will be life-giving and engaging, not simply informative.
- – Human connection is a fundamental need; we pay equal attention to living well and learning.
- Transparency is a cornerstone of trust.
- – Stakeholder engagement rises from shared and open communication.
- – Information is power. We do not withhold information from the people we serve.
- Partnership offers collective success.
- – We support existing services in the community; we do not duplicate.
- – Each partner has a unique role to play; we seek to amplify our partners’ contributions.
- Sustainability is the essence of organizational health.
- – Financial health is a shared responsibility.
- – With effective communication & programs, partners will remain as invested in PMD Alliance sustainability as we are.
- Stretching and risk-taking are imperatives.
- – Creation of cutting edge, innovative low cost/high impact service is essential.
- Programs must exhilarate the mind, warm the heart, and awaken the body.
- Risking failure is an essential part of learning and growth.
Duties specific to the Manager, Digital Innovation role:
- Project manage incubator initiatives from conceptual design to soft launch ensuring integration within the organization, including in-person incubator events, programs and conferences
- With the assistance of the Associate, Incubator, lead research, market trend analysis and competitive landscape review for new incubator programs
- Provide technical support and training to staff on in-house applications; coordinating regular training for staff on communication systems, tools, and other services as needed
- Under the direction of Associate Vice President, Operations assists in the streamlining of the PMD Alliance onboarding process, as well as facilitating technology training and systems onboarding for all newly hired staff members
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement team and digital contractors, manage all PMD Alliance websites and mobile applications
- Support PMD Alliance team as an organization-wide Salesforce expert, training staff on proper data entry, how to run reports, assisting in troubleshooting, database maintenance, and maintaining/updating Salesforce manual
- Under the direction of the Associate Vice President, Operations, manage the purchasing of digital tools and subscription services from platforms such as TechSoup, and work with contractors to apply licenses to employee Virtual Desktop machines
- Manage the purchasing and tracking of organization-wide materials, including marketing items and office supplies, equipment, program booklets, and toolkits in alignment with organizational purchase policies and procedures
- Support the hiring process by advertising open jobs, coordinating interviews with hiring managers, and engaging with candidates
- In partnership with the Associate Vice President, Operations, brainstorm creative ways to deliver content with current tools and/or new tools and technologies
- Assist in the refinement of IT procedures , overseeing implementation, as well as monitoring and obtaining feedback.
- Provide guidance to staff on technological and web solutions to meet their business goals and objectives
- Research potential technology solutions to streamline current tools and systems
- Coordinate the set up and maintenance of all PMD Alliance-owned devices, including working with vendors, warranty providers, and coordinating service calls as needed
- Maintain IT system license tracking document, alerting Associate Vice President, Operations when additional licenses are needed and the cost to add licenses
- Assist in the streamlining and maintenance of current SharePoint sites and Teams channels
- Manage shared calendars for staff activities, ensuring all staff are included in relevant meetings and sending updates, as necessary
- Support PMD Alliance programs through facilitation or technology support as needed
- Monitor relevant operations email inboxes and direct email to the appropriate teams
- Advanced proficiency with technology systems
- 2-3 years experience as a Salesforce superuser
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and use good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confident and flexible and have experience working in interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration is imperative.
- Experience working hands-on in a fast-paced and highly iterative environment
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to shifting demands