720 2nd Ave
United Way of King County is actively recruiting for an Administrative Coordinator to join the Development Operations team. This position supports the work of the Development staff in the accomplishment of team goals and objectives. Major areas of focus are donor correspondence, event management, data management, and volunteer support. Works specifically with Gift Accounting and Support Services, Brand Management, and with other members of the Development Team.
- Coordinates with Brand and Development Teams to support numerous types of events. Requests and gathers data, ensures the invitation lists are reviewed and accurate, mails invitations or emails evites, tracks the guest lists and takes RSVPs, creates nametags, staffs events, and compiles other materials necessary for the event.
- Creates and maintains expeditious flow of thank you and solicitation mailings to donors. Works with Development staff to personalize thank you and solicitation mailings. Ensures thank you and solicitation letters are correct and mailed out within an established timeframe.
- Coordinates with Pledge Processing to ensure accurate and timely processing of donations, and requests fast pays.
- Researches inquiries from team members regarding pledges, sponsorships, and other gifts, as well as companies and individuals United Way hopes to engage as donors.
- Requests data from Data Analyst staff and prepares lists for mailing and/or publications, ensures continuity and accuracy of data standards. Updates and tracks information pertaining to donors, volunteers, and prospects in the databases.
- Tracks events, mailings, and electronic communication, organizes information for historical purposes.
- Works with the Enterprise donor database and CRM system to asses account information; maintains records; updates account information and mailing lists.
- Answers telephone inquiries, makes proper referrals, and performs general office administration work. Maintains confidentiality of job-related information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven understanding of correct usage of grammar, business English, basic math and strong proofreading skills.
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Skilled in preparing mail and email merges. Previous CRM database work, MS PowerPoint, Access, and relational database skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle pressure with attention to detail and able to work collaboratively with others in a team environment, and across various departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to complete complex projects without intensive instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
· Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
· Working with diverse staff and other constituents
· Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
· Exciting and challenging work
· Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
· Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
· Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. People of color are encouraged to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are strongly encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent certification supplemented by completion of an advanced course in administrative, clerical or related field. Three years’ experience in administrative, data processing or related work. Experience may be substituted, on a year-for-year basis, for the advanced training.
Minimum Education Required