61 Washington Park
The New Art Center, a community art education space, offers people at all levels of ability exceptional opportunities to make, exhibit, view, think about and talk about art. The Studio Coordinator supports all classes through studio prep and maintenance, supply ordering and organization, scheduling models, and with customer service for students and teachers. This position requires an engaging and proactive problem solver who also functions as the evening staff monitor with office and administrative tasks. They must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
In addition, this position requires:
○ A positive, helpful attitude and friendly etiquette while talking to students, faculty, community members and vendors.
○ Ability to multitask and remain focused in a busy, high energy studio and gallery environment.
○ Flexibility, patience and resourcefulness
○ Work closely with staff, students and faculty to create a welcoming, energized, organized studio environment
○ Assist Program Director with logistical aspects of all programs
○ Provide ongoing customer service for all students and teachers
○ Communicate via email with students regarding material lists, emergency forms, picking up artwork, etc.
○ Set up studios for classes and workshops according to student and teacher needs
○ Maintain studios and studio sink areas in clean, organized condition, fully equipped with proper supplies
○ Answer phones and assist students regarding class registrations and general program information; manage evening office needs.
○ Manage supply inventories and student materials lists for all classes and workshops; upload materials lists to the NAC website
○ Create studio signage as needed
○ Hire and confirm models for classes and coordinate with Office Manager regarding payment
○ Other duties as assigned, such as assisting with occasional receptions and events.
○ Familiarity with visual arts, especially studio/workshop organization & maintenance
○ Interest in working with visual artists and art educators
○ Bachelor’s Degree
○ At least 2 years’ professional work experience in a related field
○ Experience with office and administrative tasks
○ Proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfortable using a computer
○ Must be willing to do some cleaning as regular part of the daily routine
○ Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as a regular part of the daily routine
The position is full-time and non-exempt. Schedule is 2pm – 10pm Monday – Thursday, 11am – 7pm Friday. It is eligible for generous paid-time-off, health insurance (Company currently pays 75% of premiums) and short-term disability. Part-time options also a possibility for the qualified applicant.
About our Organization: NAC is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization offers a supportive culture that takes art and artists seriously. We serve over 2,500 students annually in hundreds of classes and workshops. Our faculty includes some of the region’s most esteemed art educators. In a setting that is welcoming and conveniently located, we offer an inclusive, multi-generational approach to art education that has served children, teens and adults at all skill levels since 1977.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Paid-time-off, health insurance (Company currently pays 75% of premiums) and short-term disability.
Level of Language Proficiency
The candidate must be fluent in English, both verbally and written.
Minimum Education Required