7000 South Harlem Avenue
Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, is hiring a Major Gifts Manager. The Major Gifts Manager is responsible for generating significant philanthropic support for the organization. This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding individual and corporate prospects to drive increased revenue. They will develop and manage an Individual Donor Program to increase giving and program support.
· Cultivate, solicit and steward foundation partners- manage prospect lists to identify, cultivate and solicit grants and sponsorships
· Develop communications, tools, and other resources needed to manage a high-level fundraising program.
· Manage major donor program focused on raising and increasing gifts
· Collaborate with Executive Director to achieve strategic goals to ensure progress towards organization’s objectives
· Manage various aspects of organizations events/fundraisers
· Schedule, manage and attend regular donor meetings
· Build and maintain relationships in the community that will lead to the development of new revenue streams and greater exposure for the organization
· Oversee all marketing and communication elements of the organization and prepare effective funding proposals, reports and customized collateral for donors (Ex: social media, newsletters, etc.)
· Collaborate with organization staff to develop new fundraising ideas, program development and implementation of other program support activities for the organization
· Develop and maintain relationships with partners, sponsors and donors
· Attend all organization activities, board meetings, and other events as requested
· Administrative tasks and other duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
· 3-5 years of non-profit administrative, development, and major gifts experience
· Knowledge of targeted fundraising techniques for foundations and corporations, with track record of successfully seeking and helping to close major gifts.
· Exceptional communication (verbal & written), interpersonal skills and ability to manage
· Highly organized and detail oriented with proven time management skills, and experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
· Possesses a spirit of flexibility, a positive outlook and the ability to work independently and move projects forward with urgency and cooperation
· Must demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the organization
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject "Major Gifts Manager Application". We look forward to reviewing your application!