<img src="//:0" alt="A close up of a sign Description generated with very high confidence" height="93" width="99">Position: Events and Communication Manager
Reports to: Senior VP, Strategic Partnerships and External Relations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Organization Background: Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children in need on 350 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All-Stars are the same we have for our own children: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities.
A Unique Opportunity:
The Events and Communication Manager is responsible for supervising all aspects of logistics for the national office of After-School All-Stars’ (ASAS) Special Events as well as the creation and dissemination of training modules and event toolkits for ASAS’ chapter network. National events include: The Arnold Schwarzenegger Westime Charity Night, All-In for All-Stars, The After-School Summit presented by USC, the Afterschool Alliance and After-School All-Stars and a 4th national event still under development. ASAS Chapter events that require support range from sport-based events and casino nights to galas and luncheon panels. In addition, this position will support the management of online fundraising events on platforms such as Prizeo, Charity Buzz and Omaze.
- Responsible for internal and external communication of event production timelines and needs, including the planning and running of pre-event production and timeline meetings and post-event production debriefs
· Writing of the periodic press release, blog post or communication letters and emails to support both the events and the creative divisions of the marketing team
- Prepare realistic budgets and timelines for each event and work with all internal and external event parties to assure that deadlines are met and a smooth production is achieved
- Responsible for the timely upkeep and adherence of all Special Events expense budgets and reconciliation with Finance and Development Operations
- Manage successful integration of event vendors including, but not limited to: production companies, rentals, audio, visual, etc.
- Manage successful event guest experience and check-in as it relates to production
- Manage the successful logistic integration of all sponsors (delivery, proper display, etc.)
- Oversee production logistics of live and silent auction: timeline, production planning, mapping and load-in
- Work with development staff to ensure that donors and VIPs at each event are adequately handled and supported
- Prepare timely progress reports on all elements of production and logistics for the event committee and event management
- Participate in event committee meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed (some nights and weekends required)
- Prepare and distribute minutes and other relevant documents both before and after relevant meetings
- Manage the inventory and upkeep of storage of items related to events
- Plan and coordinate successful volunteer integration into events
- Support CMO in executing small, school site events to cultivate relationships with influencers
- Coordinate logistics of online campaigns on fundraising platforms such as Prizeo, Omaze and Charity Buzz
- Travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Chapter Event Support
· Create event toolkits including all aspects of marketing, production and best practices around donor and board involvement for each chapter event type: sporting events, casino nights, galas, school-site events and panel-style events
· Provide quarterly trainings on event logistics models via webinar
· Join occasional regional meetings or weekly 1:1 meetings with chapters staff and their Regional Executive Director to ensure chapter’s event planning processes are aligned with best practice.
Who should apply?
- The Events Manager will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive, and demonstrate a passion for ASAS’ work and mission to provide high-quality afterschool programs for low-income youth that help them succeed in school and in life. The successful candidate will also possess:
- A minimum of five to seven years of event production experience required (non-profit event production a plus)
- Exceptional organization, data-manipulation, and logistics skills including exceptional written and verbal communications skills required
- Ability to work as part of a team; and a tenacious commitment to achievement of agreed-upon budgets and timelines
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 18 days of paid time off, flex time and 15 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required