Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is a multi-site non-profit social service agency serving the boroughs of Brooklyn & Queens and has full-time Assistant Directors vacancies for our Homebase programs in Queens. The Assistant Director for the Homebase Homelessness Prevention Program oversees the direct services component of the program and assists the Director in carrying out administrative and supervisory tasks. Under the supervision of the Director, the Assistant Director will coordinate services to clients, supervise staff, interns and volunteers; help monitor administrative and data collection activities; provide quality assurance and ensure that client enrollment and all levels of services are met.
· MSW or Master Degree in related field.
· LMSW or LCSW preferred, but not required.
· Five year’s work experience in a social service setting (minimum two years post-MA).
· Two year’s supervisory experience.
· Experience working with high risk families and/or families at risk of homelessness is preferred.
· Ability to be flexible and use discretion.
· Ability to function as part of a team.
· Excellent oral & written communication skills.
· Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
· Ability to use ACCESS database and NYC DHS CARES database a plus.
· Ability to engage in public speaking.
· Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus.
· Ability to work flexible hours (evenings/Saturdays) as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including retirement plan and health insurance, with generous paid vacation and personal days.
· Resume with cover letter in Word format should be e-mailed to
· In the email subject write the title of the position and preferred location.
· Resumes should be sent directly from the applicant’s e-mail address instead of the posting website.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
Minimum Education Required