Details: Salary Range: Based on experience, plus comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, as well as transportation and fitness reimbursement.
1415 Koll Circle Suite 108
SIREN SEEKS an EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: San Jose, CA
Position: Full-time, exempt position
Overview of SIREN (Services, Immigrant Rights & Education Network)
SIREN combines community organizing, policy advocacy, civic engagement and legal services to empower low-income immigrants and refugees in Northern and Central California. We believe our clients and all immigrants are agents of change and we prepare them for leadership in all four of these program areas.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will assist the Executive Director (ED) with planning, administration, external relations and fundraising activities.
• Assist the ED in the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Director’s Office.
• Assist the ED in the preparation and control of the ED’s Office non-personnel budget.
• Coordinate the scheduling, preparation and logistics of appointments and meetings (with a heavy focus on fundraising).
• Assist the ED in the coordination of cultivation and development activities and events.
• Make travel arrangements for the ED.
Administration and Monitoring (40%)
• Exercise judgment, sensitivity and discretion in the execution of assigned responsibilities.
• Coordinate and assist with communication to the ED’s internal and external contacts.
• Maintain an accurate, accessible network database on a current basis.
• Maintain the records and files needed for effective administration and operations.
• Review incoming correspondence and calls; ensure responsive and expeditious processing.
• Assist the ED in ensuring that administrative operations and practices comply with policies.
• Initiate and/or manage any and all other activities assigned by the ED.
• Ensure timely follow-up on all requests to the ED office.
Board Support (10%) (If this is not enough, reduce Planning and Admin by 5%)
• Maintain all Board and Committee Rosters, and update content and membership database.
• Coordinate Board of Directors administrative tasks: schedule board meetings and calls, oversee development of Board meeting packets and other materials
• Coordinate all logistics for board meetings: travel, room set-up, meals etc.
• Regularly update Board-related documents- board profiles, bios, policies, and other materials
• Manage Board leadership documents, legal documents, including bylaws, Business Meeting agendas/minutes, disclosure information, and records.
Special Project: Annual Fundraising Event Coordination (10%)
- Coordinate date, time, location and other logistics of or vendors for the events, and
- Coordinate registration and follow up with attendees.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
• Able to handle multiple tasks under time-sensitive deadlines, work independently in a fast-paced environment, remain flexible, resourceful and professional
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with understanding of the immigrant community and ability to deal effectively a wide range of people.
• Strong organization skills to assist the ED, with writing skills and attention to details.
Level of Language Proficiency
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing administrative work and working in a nonprofit setting a plus;
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint internet;
- Proficiency in internet research;
- Able to represent the organization professionally in all oral and written communication;
- Bilingual/bi-literate in Spanish/English or Vietnamese/English a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three references. Please email to HR@siren-bayarea.org with “Executive Assistant Application” in the subject line.
SIREN is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds, especially individuals from immigrant and refugee communities. People of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ persons, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to seek employment at SIREN.