102 East 30th Street
The Young Leaders Program (YLP) helps youth from around the world build the skills, confidence, and networks to create projects that promote positive social changes in their communities. The YLP Director will work closely with the MCW team to support the vision, mission, goals, and strategy of the YLP. The Director provides support and advises on YLP-related programming, working closely with the Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer, board members, and staff.
Specific programmatic areas include the annual Young Leaders Access Program and Retreat (YLA), the international Young Leaders Conference (YLC), Alumni Ventures Fund (AVF), and the Alumni Community. Understanding that this is a growing program, the Director will create a plan for expanding the program in the future. This may involve either increasing the area of outreach and/or increasing programmatic offerings (e.g. workshops, seed funding, etc). Identifying and securing additional funding will be necessary to any proposed expansion.
Roles and Responsibilities
General Administrative & Strategic Planning
- Collaborate with MCW staff and board members to drive discussions and meetings to determine strategic direction for the program.
- Manage the logistics of the committee including hosting conference calls, preparing meeting agendas, notes, and relevant documents. Contribute to building the committee.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer/Executive Director to prepare annual budget
- Create a yearly work plan taking into account the basic program areas and identifying opportunities for growth and change
- Lead the cultivation of strategic partnerships and outreach
- Develop and implement relevant program expansion
- Ensure program curriculum remains relevant and is updated based on monitoring and development collection.
- Manage and oversee interns and volunteers in relation to YLP and its programs and projects.
- Develop and oversee internal and external communication with regards to YLP.
Young Leaders Access Program Retreat and Year-round program
- Oversee the coordination and planning of the YLA
2. Provide year-round support for the Mentors and Mentees implementing their vision plans
3. Create and facilitate additional resources for mentees and mentors throughout the year
Youth Leadership Conference
1. Identify Locations of Potential Conferences
2. Oversee the coordination and planning of the YLC
3. Act as main facilitator of the conference
Young Leaders Workshops
1. Identify Locations and partners of potential workshops
2. Oversee the coordination and planning of the YLWs
3. Act as main facilitator of the workshop
Alumni Ventures Fund
- Facilitate application and selection process; ensure deadlines are respected and committee adheres to committed timeline.
- Work with Young Leaders Program Committee to identify committed and appropriate mentor(s) for the AVF recipient(s).
- Oversee engagement of alumni
- Organize Alumni events when possible and grow the alumni community off-line
· Participate in MCW Board meetings
· Attend and assist with events (such as the gala dinner)
· Contribute program material for organizational communications as needed
· Provide support when needed to other MCW programs and MCW team members
· Minimum two years’ (three to four years preferred) experience in youth development / education with administrative skills - events planning strongly preferred;
· Experience and/or Interest in social entrepreneurship, leadership, world issues;
o Leading your own social impact project is a plus;
· Experience with monitoring and evaluation;
· Degree in education, business, international relations, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred;
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
· Detail-oriented, highly organized, and ability to work under deadline pressure;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media tools;
· Able to work within a team, as well as independently and with initiative;
· Comfortable handling multiple tasks and/or responding to shifting priorities;
· Ability to work with others from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds and ages;
· Must understand the sensitivity of information and maintain confidentiality when required;
· Willingness to travel as needed (domestic and international).
Opportunity for international travel.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume/CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.