8771 College Parkway
Building 2, Suite 201
The development assistant acts as an integral part of the Southwest Florida Community Foundation’s team working toward the mission of regional change for common good. Responsible for database management, donor services, granting services, and administrative support to the Development office.
If you enjoy database management, customer service, and being part of an innovative team dedicated to improving the community, this job is for you!
Community Foundation or nonprofit database management experience a plus.
· Provide confidential donor administration support to the VP of Development and Communications
· Builds and maintains database on development audience, donors, prospects, and other relevant affiliates.*
· Updates donor and nonprofit records with correspondence, bio, research, relationships, and passions/fields of interest.*
· Establishes new funds and individuals in iPhi database.*
· Manages and updates fund activity report on a monthly basis.*
· Prepares lists, including mailing and prospect, as needed.*
· Utilizes research tools to gather pertinent information on key donors and prospects, including fields of interest, and evaluative.*
· Assists with maintenance of database, including regular cleaning routines and verifying records for completeness.*
· Produce gift reports for developmental department and other staff and board, including progress toward annual and comprehensive goals.
· Serve as a concierge to donors handling requests and queries.
· Generate acknowledgement letters, receipts, pledge payment reminders, and other donor communications.
· Processes DAF grant requests.*
· Develop and implement processes for development pipeline process, donor advised fund grant requests, and gift tracking to ensure appropriate, personalized and timely gift acknowledgment to donors.*
· Develops and implement processes for maintaining and updating regular and special occasion acknowledgements.*
· Coordinate donor stewardship, including welcome kits, donor clubs and special recognitions.*
· Responsible for DonorView management and oversight, including enhancements, assist and train donors, grantees, and staff with online system. *
· Responds to requests for information from and/or for donors.*
· Provide support and assistance with annual appeal information and donor recruitment ractivities.*
· Assist with donor events as needed.*
Marketing Communications Support:
· Assist with the process of foundation communications, newsletters and other printed materials, and website content.
· Provide support for communication function including work with e-newsletter dissemination and CRM list management.
· Assist with coordination of photo filing.
· Budget tracking, processing invoices for vendor payments
· Assists with general office operations, including answering telephones and directing calls, greeting guests, and typing and filing.*
· Maintain department project calendar including key mailing dates, deliverable due dates for significant departmental projects and events, and resource availability
Provides analytical donor data and reporting for staff upon request.*
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed to support the foundation.
Generous paid time off (personal and vacation), Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Retirement Fund (with % match), Flexible Spending Account.
Work environment in newly renovated LEED Gold space in historic building with new addition in downtown Fort Myers.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required