Details: Pay will be commensurate with experience.
1900 Eagle Drive
Founded in 1986, Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound’s mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. Outward Bound is an international educational movement dedicated to the idea that people are capable of far more than they know.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Coordinator maintains a high level of support across the development program. This position is responsible for maintenance of the donor database, processing and acknowledging gifts and pledges, regular reporting, prospect research, and grant process management.
- Manage the processing of gifts, pledges, matching gifts, tribute gifts, stock transactions and other contributions to ensure acknowledgement within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure accurate data entry and assist with maintenance and new systems implementation in Salesforce.
- Compile reports as requested for prospect review and relationship management and provide Development Manager with regular updates on upcoming opportunities and grant deadlines.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to create distribution lists for communications.
- Coordinate information gathering for the annual donor report and year-end statistical analysis.
- Assist Finance & Administration Manager with development records during annual audit process.
- Manage grant reporting and proposal schedule to ensure timely submissions.
- Assist Development Manager in researching, producing and submitting materials.
- Support Development Manager and Development Committee in the planning of the Annual Cornerstone Awards Dinner.
- Support Development Committee meetings by helping with communications, set-up, and notetaking.
At least 2 years of experience and proven knowledge in the following:
- Administrative support to a fundraising or advancement office
- Charitable gift entry
- Compiling, submitting, and reporting on grants, including familiarity with common attachments
- Creating and manipulating queries and reports from a CRM database, preferably Salesforce
- Management of email and print communications
- Data comparison and reconciliation using Excel
At least 5 years of experience and proven knowledge in the following:
- Nonprofit administrative support
- Regular communication with volunteer boards or committees
- Entry and record management in a CRM database, preferably Salesforce
- Producing polished, public-ready communications
- Basic support to major events, such as volunteer/sponsor tracking, planning timeline management, on-site prep
- Invoicing and/or basic bookkeeping
- Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research.
- Willing and eager to solve problems creatively.
- Perform with grace when under pressure, meet deadlines, and juggle competing priorities.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and maintain focus on primary goals.
- Uphold values consistent with the mission BCBOBS.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (BCBOBS contributes 75% to Individual coverage monthly premiums) and fully employer-paid employee assistance program (EAP), long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
Employees are eligible to participate in a 401K, with a match up to 6% of salary, after one year of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at https://outwardboundbaltimore.org/connect/jobs/development-coordinator/.
The Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound School is an EEO/ADA employer.