1016 16th St NW
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
The mission of Jesuit Refugee Service/USA (JRS/USA) is to accompany, serve, and advocate for refugees and forcibly displaced persons. JRS works in more than 50 countries worldwide to meet the educational, health, psycho-social and emergency needs of more than 750,000 refugees and other forcibly displaced persons regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious beliefs.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting & Operations Assistant provides finance and operational support with a specific focus on ensuring timely and effective processing of accounts payable, budget reconciliation and day-to-day office needs.
Accounting Support (75%)
- Reviews and processes expenditure documentation including check requests and invoices for payment and vendor maintenance.
- Assists with monitoring of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assists with monthly credit card and bank account reconciliations. Prepares paperwork for monthly stipend and other contract payments.
- Processes cash and check deposits, in close collaboration with Development Team.
- Assists in monthly and year-end closing processes including preparation of journal entries.
- Assists with annual audits and with annual tax return (Form 990) preparations.
- Maintains accounting and finance files and archives, according to retention policy.
- Participates in regular team meetings and contributes to culture of open communication and free flow of information.
- Participates in other projects, assignments and administrative tasks, as needed.
Operational Support (25%)
- Serves as a resource to JRS/USA employees and visitors on administrative issues.
- Submits, monitors, and provides appropriate communication for facilities, maintenance, and office equipment.
- Provides support for new employee orientation program, as needed.
- Assists leadership with procurement and general administrative duties.
- Monitors and submits all office supply needs and orders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; minimum one year of experience, additional experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting standards for U.S. non-profit organizations.
- Solid computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and other financial related software experience preferred
- Keen analytic, organization, high attention to details and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to develop key working relationships.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to JRSJobs@jesuits.org by April 20.
Minimum Education Required