We are looking for a driven, passionate individual to join our team and oversee our first brick and mortar store! This position will play an integral role in the growth of The Little Market, and our capacity to empower female artisans around the world. In addition to overseeing the daily operations of the store, the Store Manager will also act as a local ambassador, representing the organization during interactions with customers, volunteers and the community. This individual will develop a strong understanding of our organization, mission, artisan groups and products. A successful candidate will have both a passion for connecting with people and a passion for retail management.
This is a full-time position based in Pacific Palisades, CA. The store is scheduled to open on September 22nd, and we anticipate that a successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
- Demonstrate and model exceptional customer service and leadership standards.
- Act as a brand ambassador, representing the organization’s values.
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization’s mission and be able to speak articulately and passionately about the artisans and products.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and management of sales associates.
- Analyze sales and product performance to manage inventory and make sure store is well-stocked.
- Engage with the local community through events, social media and outreach initiatives.
- Oversee merchandising presentations in store, and ensure the cleanliness and organization of the store are maintained at all times.
- Manage the daily operations and develop and implement procedures.
- Work as part of a small team to oversee the final stages of preparation before store opening, including developing procedures and supporting in-store activations.
- 2-5 years retail/service experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for working with people and providing excellent customer service.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work flexible days/nights/hours including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines.
- Interest in fair trade and women’s rights is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with Store Manager as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Social media links
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
(No phone calls, please)