160 Stanton Avenue
Title: Resident Services Coordinator
Date: July 2018
Reports To: Director of Resident Services, Golda Meir House
Location: Golda Meir House
Status: Exempt, Full time, with benefits for the duration of one year through July 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Resident Services Coordinator provides individual residents and their families with support to access social services, assists in resolving related problems and follows up on resident issues as determined by the Resident Services Director. This position includes development of contacts with service providers and agencies for resident referrals, participation in periodic resident assessments for identifying social, psychological, cognitive and physical issues, and participation in discharge planning for residents leaving hospital or rehab prior to returning to their apartment at Golda. The Resident Services Coordinator will adhere to JCHE and Golda Meir House mission and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Works in conjunction with Resident Services Director to identify and meet residents’ needs:
o Conduct periodic (at least annual) assessments of residents’ social, psychological, cognitive and physical status and develop a plan to address needs.
o Monitor the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
o Respond to resident emergency calls with other staff (during business hours).
o Educate, assist, and advise residents and their families of available services and resources, both within JCHE and in the community.
o Advocate on behalf of residents for adequate, timely, and cost effective provision of services; meet with service providers as needed.
· Work with residents to resolve conflicts and engage supportive services as needed.
· Maintain communication with Resident Services Director and Golda Meir House Staff to ensure understanding and consistency in staff-resident relationships.
· Act as a liaison between community agencies, service providers, and residents.
· Pursue avenues for additional services through private, local, state, and federal sources.
· Document and maintain confidential files of all significant contacts with residents, social service providers, medical providers and families; provide information to Resident Services Director as needed for HUD and other reporting, and update JCHE database regularly.
· Coordinate care for residents across medical providers for residents who request that support, and participate in discharge planning with residents, families and hospital or rehab team to ensure smooth, safe transition back to home with necessary services in place.
· Assist residents in building informal and formal support networks among themselves and with community organizations.
· Collaborates with JCHE Fitness/Wellness Director on falls prevention and similar initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Work in conjunction with Resident Services Director on JCHE initiatives, including but not limited to care coordination, logic models, and database implementation.
· Assist Group Services Coordinator/Administrative Assistant with resident programs as needed.
· Support staff and/or residents at other JCHE locations with issues requiring clinical expertise on an as needed basis.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Masters or Baccalaureate Degree, with concentration in Social Work, Gerontology, or other related fields. MSW/LCSW preferred.
2. Resident Services Coordinator Certification or willingness to attain this within the first year of employment.
3. Excellent problem solving skills, verbal and written communication
4. Expertise in working with older adults, understanding of healthy aging process and dementia. Experience working with older adults in senior living or human services organization preferred.
5. High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office products, database software, interface with visual and audio equipment and internet.
6. Collaborative work style; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Warm, empathic, friendly demeanor, patience and flexibility
· No supervisory responsibility
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Office environment
· Ability to walk throughout the building while carrying and delivering heavy stacks of paper.
· Property under construction, can be noisy at times, and a bit dusty
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
Medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability, 401k, FSA, Commuter Choice transit benefit, paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal days, floating holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax to (617) 912-8469, or by mail to Human Resources, JCHE, 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton, MA 02135. For further information about JCHE and its Golda Meir House, see our website at www.jche.org. JCHE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.