ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For over 40 years, the Chinese American Service League’s (CASL) comprehensive programs have connected families and individuals in the Chicago Chinese community and beyond with the vital support they need: providing an educational and cultural foundation for our children, ensuring our seniors live full and independent lives with dignity, enhancing education and training for tomorrow’s workforce, putting immigrants on the pathway to citizenship, and securing our community’s housing and financial well-being.
This role is an ideal opportunity to make a difference in Chicago's immigrant community. You and your team will help clients establish financial security, find employment and secure affordable housing. The successful candidate will have three to five years of program management experience in both housing and employment programs; experience managing culinary training programs is a plus.
Reporting to the Director of Program Services the Employment and Financial Empowerment (EFE) Department Manager is responsible for 1) Housing and Financial Empowerment program, 2) Adult Employment/Workforce Development program, and 3) Culinary Training and Senior Meal Program. The role requires working knowledge and program management experience of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) housing programs, City of Chicago workforce development and employment programs, and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply on our website at the below link: https://www.caslservice.org/careers/
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops and supervises the implementation of all facets of the EFE programs, in compliance with funder rules and regulations.
· Makes decisions on program development and planning with the assistance of the program coordinators and the DPS.
· Recommends changes in agency policies affecting program operations; prepares and presents such formal reports to DPS, Board and/or other bodies as designated.
· Evaluates the EFE programs for effectiveness and tracks strategic objectives, indicators and outcomes to ensure program success.
· Recommends, administers and controls the department budget working with accounting department to prepare and submit budgets to DPS, and prepare fiscal reports for funders as required.
· Works with the EFE Coordinators to support programs and ensure EFE staff have necessary resources to meet program requirements.
· Works closely with staff to enhance training curriculum as needed to keep up with industry requirements; especially around HUD Housing Counseling, CDBG Employment, and WIOA rules and regulations.
· Develops relationships with job training program providers to explore partnership possibilities, document training completions and job placements.
· Works closely with DPS as part of one’s professional growth to increase professional knowledge through courses, meetings, in-service training, workshops & conferences.
· Assists in finding more resources for the existing programs and makes recommendations for new programs/projects to meet the needs of the community.
· Work with CASL's Salesforce Administrator to generate program reports and dashboards on program's key indicators of program outcome, program efficiency as well as effectiveness
· Implement data informed practice by regularly analyzing and utilizing data from Salesforce to support decision making in program's operation, evaluation and reporting, strategic plan as well as staff supervision and development.
· Works with development department to prepare and submit proposals and reports.
· Plans events and coordinates publicity for Chef Training Program.
· Recruits, interviews and recommends hiring of staff.
· Supervises and evaluates multi-level staff.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through others, whether direct reports or through influence.
· Strategic thinking skills including effective planning, setting goals, monitoring progress, tracking results and making appropriate adjustments to plans based on circumstances and context.
· Ability to organized and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and learn effectiveness.
· Budget and expense management experience, with the ability to assist in managing budgets to plan.
· Customer service orientation, with the ability to effectively communicate on a regular basis with internal customers, builds relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with customers, team members and other stakeholders and constituents.
· Excellent verbal and written English skills.
· Written and spoken knowledge of Chinese a plus.
· Experience with client management systems preferred.
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email; ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
· Basic end-user level understanding and experience with Salesforce is a plus.
· Ability to bend and lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
· Required to frequently sit, stand and walk for extended periods.
Environment and Scheduling:
· Generally works regular office hours in an office setting. In addition, may require flexible scheduling to accommodate client, community and program needs.
CASL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, or any other status protected by State and Federal Law.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For over 40 years, the Chinese American Service League’s (CASL) comprehensive programs have connected families and individuals in the Chicago Chinese community and beyond with the vital support they need: providing…
Competitive Benefits Package
Competitive Benefits Package