Details: Up to £27,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience
John Smith Drive
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
The Chief Executive’s Office is vital to the running of Oxfam GB. As part of a small, dynamic team this role offers an exciting challenge providing high level business support to our Chief Executive, Chair of Trustees and Head of Governance in their respective roles of governance and management of Oxfam GB. This is an exciting time for Oxfam – we are creating a globally networked Oxfam family where all our people are enabled to be more agile and collaborative in order to overcome the injustice of poverty!
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Governance, the Executive and Board Support Officer will be responsible for:
· Coordinating and leading logistics for the quarterly Trustee Board meetings and annual Friends’ meeting, including arranging accommodation for Trustees.
· Working closely with the Head of Governance on the preparation, collation and circulation of papers for Board meetings and for meetings of three Board Committees.
· Minute-taking at meetings of up to two Board Committees.
· Coordinating high level fortnightly Leadership Team meetings, preparing agendas, circulating papers, recording action notes, following up on actions and working across Oxfam divisions to maintain a well balanced and strategic forward schedule of items.
· Preparing regular email briefings for Trustees and other Board Committee members to highlight key governance issues for their attention and keep them up-to-date with Oxfam GB’s work.
What we are looking for
· A proven track record in the successful provision of governance support services at director level including experience of organising meetings and basic project management
· An ability to organise multiple tasks, prioritise and delegate appropriately to meet multiple deadlines and to work under pressure with strong attention to detail.
· An ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
· An ability to build effective working relationships across the organisation at all levels through strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
· Good overall IT skills, including Skype and other virtual platforms
Location: OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: £38,128 up to £49,823 (depending on experience)
Region: IPT Hub
Job Family: Programme
Job Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 21 November 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like you and you would like to find out more or apply, then please visit the link below:
Oxfam is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to zero tolerance of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuses of power in our organisation. This means that we will do everything in our power to prevent it from happening, and rigorously address it each and every time it happens. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate vetting checks.